Clips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're using the Krausen collar it, would need to be a seriously ferocious fermentation to knock the lid off. I use mine, but only to stop the kids or wife knocking the lid off somehow or fiddling with it.

The Kraussen ring is left loose to its own devices it lifts and lowers itself according to the amount of gas being produced. giving it its unofficial name of fermenting via the burp method !
After initial fermentation has died down the collar can be removed and taken away for cleaning and the brew covered with the seperate lid, that can be held in place by the 2 clips if you wish.

Thanks guys and sorry for these seemingly trivial questions. Temp has dropped to 18-20.

piddledribble said:
The Kraussen ring is left loose to its own devices it lifts and lowers itself according to the amount of gas being produced. giving it its unofficial name of fermenting via the burp method !
After initial fermentation has died down the collar can be removed and taken away for cleaning and the brew covered with the seperate lid, that can be held in place by the 2 clips if you wish.

Are we talking about the same Coopers FV?

My clips secure the lid to the Krausen collar only. They DO NOT fit once the Krausen collar has been removed due to the design of the lid/FV interface. They physically can't be attached at that stage.

GavH said:
piddledribble said:

Are we talking about the same Coopers FV?

My clips secure the lid to the Krausen collar only. They DO NOT fit once the Krausen collar has been removed due to the design of the lid/FV interface. They physically can't be attached at that stage.

Yup same as mine, clips only attach lid to the collar :thumb:

Latest posts

Back