The Hods Brew Shed Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 5 - two brick courses and the wall plate in today.

View attachment IMG_3454.jpgView attachment IMG_3455.JPGView attachment IMG_3456.JPGView attachment IMG_3457.JPG

My apologies on the rubbish pics with the brickwork being covered. I forgot to take pictures until after I had covered it up (rain forecast tonight)

Also had the French doors and the side window turn up today as well [emoji1303]

View attachment IMG_3458.JPGView attachment IMG_3459.jpgView attachment IMG_3460.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to mark out and measure up all of the doors/windows for the timber frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My shed is only a foot from the boundary and my garage is the boundary on one side. You can put a house extension up under a certain size without planning you just needs the regs signing off and no objections off the neighbours.

My shed is only a foot from the boundary and my garage is the boundary on one side. You can put a house extension up under a certain size without planning you just needs the regs signing off and no objections off the neighbours.

I have no objections and I’m replacing the old shed with exactly the same footprint and height.

To be fair I’ve been told that shed has been standing longer than the house that’s behind it.

Basically “I was here first” [emoji6]

Sinks are pivotal. Trust me; I installed dual standard kitchen sinks and within a few days I ripped them out again and replaced them. Cleaning is the biggest PITA at the end of a brewday, but given your budget I'd advise you go with something like the one in the attachment. Hunt around catering wholesalers and you'll find a deal. I got mine in a sale.

A word of warning is that the Vogue taps are ****. I ended up getting the sprayhead type from Screwfix. The total for the double sink (which will take two fermenters in each bowl) and two sprayhead taps was around �£480 delivered. To be fair, it's the best investment I've made!

sink.JPG

Sinks are pivotal. Trust me; I installed dual standard kitchen sinks and within a few days I ripped them out again and replaced them. Cleaning is the biggest PITA at the end of a brewday, but given your budget I'd advise you go with something like the one in the attachment. Hunt around catering wholesalers and you'll find a deal. I got mine in a sale.

A word of warning is that the Vogue taps are ****. I ended up getting the sprayhead type from Screwfix. The total for the double sink (which will take two fermenters in each bowl) and two sprayhead taps was around �£480 delivered. To be fair, it's the best investment I've made!

Now that is some serious brew related equipment.

I like it!!!

A word of warning is that the Vogue taps are ****. I ended up getting the sprayhead type from Screwfix. The total for the double sink (which will take two fermenters in each bowl) and two sprayhead taps was around ��£480 delivered. To be fair, it's the best investment I've made!

I've got sink envy......

Day 7 - managed to finish the noggins and get the doors in (B&Q day late delivery on the single door strikes again)

Went for 1.3 width and full length shed area. Which will leave a really good size brew shed area. A pic doesn’t show it but with the slight increased roof space it’s going to feel massive inside.

Managed to get most of the roof bearers in. No trusses, but main framing of the walls and roof are pretty much done now [emoji1303]

Time for a beer I think [emoji6]

View attachment IMG_3471.jpgView attachment IMG_3472.jpgView attachment IMG_3473.jpgView attachment IMG_3474.jpg

Day 7 - managed to finish the noggins and get the doors in (B&Q day late delivery on the single door strikes again)

Went for 1.3 width and full length shed area. Which will leave a really good size brew shed area. A pic doesn’t show it but with the slight increased roof space it’s going to feel massive inside.

Managed to get most of the roof bearers in. No trusses, but main framing of the walls and roof are pretty much done now [emoji1303]

Time for a beer I think [emoji6]

View attachment 10451View attachment 10452View attachment 10453View attachment 10454

Looking good,if only I had the room in the garden

If you can, include a floor drain. It'll be bloody useful when you spill a few gallons of water or dump a bucket of starsan into a pot with an open tap!

I have shed envy! If I were you I would get a proper water supply put in, bite the bullet and pay a plumber 😉. Electricians need heros too you know. Are you getting a water heater for your SS sink that your about to buy.

Back