Grain Basket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter04

Reaction score
Hi All
I am looking for a grain basket?insert to a home made mash Tun it would need to be 26cm Dia x 35cm high/deep ally or stainless. I have tried eBay, amazon, google but going round in circles.

Peter

I've toyed with things like that and it works a little but ends up being a mess. Just use a muslin bag, big one that lines your mash tun. You can leave it open around the lip of your tun.
I quickly just got a false bottom and never had an issue from then on.

The Robo one looks great and i found that one on eBay the other nightDo you know if you will may import duty on it?

Thans for the reply Brannbrew
Peter

It was £95 all in. If I get any additional import charges I don't know.

I did get a missed delivery card today saying a parcel was attempted delivery. But Im also expecting a packet of belma hops for my next brew so it could be either. Find out tomorrow either way.

have you considered buying a suitably sized sheet of robust stainless steel mesh you can roll into a cylinder and secured with cable ties, and use as a removable frame for suspending a grain bag from.
s-l1600.jpg

imho its a cheaper solution that provides best of both worlds a substatial framework to support the grain bag when removing it, and the convenience of a grain bag.

Hi Guy thanks i have seem them on eBay but to wide i am after sold sides perfarated bottom 260mm x 400mm
Cheers

Latest posts

Back