Neipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alside101

Landlord.
Reaction score
Never done 1 before so here goes
5kg maris otter (or 6kg not yet decided)
1kg rolled oats
500g torrified wheat

Hops
All falconer's flight
5g @60 mins
100g @0 mins 80c hop stand 30mins
55g dry hop at start of fermentation
60g dry hop after fermentation for 5 days before kegging

Crossmyloof american ale yeast

Any thaughts?
Thanks Al

Does this look right?
Three observations.

1) Yeast selection tends to be a UK originated strain that attenuates less.

2) Without knowing the AA% 100g of falconers flight at 30 minute steep might give too much bitterness for the style.

3) Not enough dry hops, above 10g/L total dry hops would probably be considered the minimum.

I'm assuming a 5Gallon/19L batch.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Three observations.

1) Yeast selection tends to be a UK originated strain that attenuates less.

2) Without knowing the AA% 100g of falconers flight at 30 minute steep might give too much bitterness for the style.

3) Not enough dry hops, above 10g/L total dry hops would probably be considered the minimum.

I'm assuming a 5Gallon/19L batch.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Noted. Thanks il look at moving hops about

One good thing that many find attempting NEIPAs is that even if it doesn't come out bang on style, you'll still end up with a cracking hoppy beer, that is more west coast in style.

Thanks for that i thi k iv got it sorted just yeast i need to figure out

Dry yeast? Danstar Windsor or S04 if you are doing a DIPA, as the Windsor may struggle. Windsor will be fruity and low attenuating. Or try the CML Real ale strain and provide us with some feedback.

I used MJ Empire Ale yeast for mine and it turned it great!

Good feedback. By the sounds of things MJ Empire Ale and CML Real Ale are pretty (suspiciously?) similar.

From CML
REAL ALE STRAIN CLASSIFICATION: Suitable for Scottish Heavy Ales, American Amber Ales, Sweet Stouts and more. A top-fermenting ale yeast suitable for a variety of full bodied ales, with exceptional depth.

From MJ
A top-fermenting ale yeast suitable for a variety of full bodied ales, with exceptional depth. Ferments with full, rich dark fruit flavors.
Suitable for Scottish Heavy Ales, American Amber Ales, Sweet Stouts and more.

Latest posts

Back