Home Brew Competition - March 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, finally the bit you've all been waiting for...

First Place: by Unanimous decision... JFB
Second Place: Grizzly299
Third Place: Strange-Steve

I am busy sorting out the feedback and will send this individually.

Congratulations JFB, it was a great beer!

Its worth noting that although the 1st place was unanimous, there was only a point in each place. Well done everybody!

Thanks Alan, I new pointing out that we're both Aries would swing it!
And top brewing grizzly and Steve sounded proper close..

Congratulations - JFB, Grizzly299 and Strange-Steve and thanks Alan for judging.

Someone should post a rolling result thread i haven't looked but assume JFB is leading.

Thank you very much, the feedback will be very valuable! I'm chuffed to have come second, thanks Alan for Judging. I'll get the recipe up on friday, as I'm on the Isle of Wight this week with work.

If anything, I'd mash it a little higher next time.

Again massive thanks! I love knowing what others think of my beer!

Lol if anyone wants the recipe for my last place biere de garde you can find it here :D

Just shared a bottle of your biere de garde with the misses and its no "last place beer"(I've noted a review for your page tomorrow)
Not quite classic Belgian(is it more northern France) is the only reason I can see it scoring down a point.

Here's my recipe.

Magnum AA was 10.2%
Boadicea AA was 5.2%
The Hersbrucker was around 2.5%

60min single Infusion mash.

IMG_20170415_091159.jpg

Just shared a bottle of your biere de garde with the misses and its no "last place beer"(I've noted a review for your page tomorrow)
Not quite classic Belgian(is it more northern France) is the only reason I can see it scoring down a point.

That's kind of you to say mate, yeah it's a cleaner fermentation and doesn't have the typical belgian spice. Look forward to your notes.

Such a shame there were so few entries... all 3 were great.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back