Hi all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithsj1

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

My name is Stuart and I used to brew from kits about 20 or so years ago - sometimes successfully and sometimes not. With the advent of craft beers and the like I have got my mojo back and have bought some basic equipment and a Coopers IPA to kick off getting back into home brew. I recently spent a lot of time on Youtube watching people brewing from grain and this is my aim to get to that level but am starting slowly so have bought some hops to use with the kits and I will take it from there.

I am sure I will have loads of questions which I am sure will get posted up at some stage and I look forward to learning about the craft of brewing beer with you all.

best

Stuart

welcome to the forum:thumb:
hope you enjoy you travel in the world of home brewing
I also started of with kits then onto biab and now all grain
so remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask:doh:

Welcome aboard - I'm new here too and while I haven't posted much, I've read reams and reams of excellent material. It's quite a few years since my last beer brew (I had a failed attempt at a cider 2 years ago) and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

Thanks everyone for the welcome - tried 2 brews today - my first for a long long time

The first was a mead which I thought could be a disaster - I didn't have enough honey and I pitched at too high a temperature but a few hours later I can see that fermentation has started so maybe I will get something out of it after all. Added half a teaspoon of yeast nutrient to try and keep those little guys happy. 1st try at a mead so lots to learn but feels like a good style to cut ones teeth on.

The 2nd was a Coopers IPA kit, which I used a Muntons medium Malt extract with and added some Cascade hops at the end just before adding the yeast. OG of 1042 so will see what we get. I managed to read my thermometer properly this time so pitched at the right temp. Used spring water for thia but plan to purify tap water for future with campden tablets.

I did find a kit failure in that I didn't have a Turkey Baster to extract a sample properly for the OG so don't have data on the mead but will do another batch in a few days as I have another demijohn to ferment that.

Quick learning ... :)

Anyway will revert to forums proper on future posts

Latest posts

Back