Cider recommendation kit/recipe magners style

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciaran12s

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Fairly new and done a few beers now. I was wanting to do a cider mainly for SWMBO.

She (and i occasionally) like Magners. I done the raspberry and lime by On the Rocks and it turned it pretty good. I'm looking for a kit/recipe recommendation for an all round tasty apple cider I can get to around 4% and if it's close to Magners then brilliant.

I have had a look around and it seems cider clones aren't really possible as they are with beers but if anyone can recommend something that sounds like it fits my bill that'd be marvellous!

Cheers folks

A turbo would be great and I usually have several on the go myself!

There are several excellent kits around too ... my lady particularly enjoys the Ciderworks kits (easy to vary the sweet / dryness), Bulldog Perfect Apple (medium dry) and the Young's fruit ciders. All of those are complete kits needing no extra sugar other than for priming.

She doesn't usually go for Magners when out but often chooses Cornish Rattler, Reveller by Orchard Pig or Strongbow Cloudy (well and sometimes Thatchers Cheddar Valley ... which can even tempt me away from beer - but that's another story)

:drunk:

Back