Home Brew Forum Competition Schedule & Style Guide.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is what @jceg316 was saying, but could they just be entered in the category of the base style? So a brett IPA would be entered in IPAs, a brett saison in saisons, a brett stout in stouts etc.

Yes I'd think so. Let's say you make an IPA using lager yeast, technically it's a lager, but it looks and tastes like a standard hoppy IPA, that would be allowed in the IPA category. In this case, if you think brett will make your Belgian beer nicer, more Belgian, I don't think it should make a difference.

Did there used to be a style guideline somewhere for the comps? I'm starting to think about the light lager, and after not reading the no brett thing on saison's thought it best to have a read.

Did there used to be a style guideline somewhere for the comps? I'm starting to think about the light lager, and after not reading the no brett thing on saison's thought it best to have a read.

I have edited this thread title to - Home Brew Forum Competition Schedule & Style Guide, and posted the style guide into the first post in this thread as it is a sticky thread.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=600761&postcount=1

I know this is going through a shake up but I'd like to offer my services judging one of first quarter of next year (Jan-18 Stout/Porter, Feb-18 Scottish Ale, Mar-18 Trappist/Abbey ales). My preference would probably be March > January > February, i'm figuring the stout/porter should get a decent number of submissions, any idea if the other two are common brews? Strange-Steve and Dad_of_Jon often seem to have Belgians going about.

I'd happily volunteer for the stout /porter in Jan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alan and I have spoken and if the competition continues as suggested in the other thread I'd like to judge the dark beer category in February.

I'll then go American Pale or Experimental.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back