Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here I do not know after fermentation I fill it up to the base of the neck tried to use the calculator above but it does not seem to work

If you look at the start of this thread everyone was using 800g plus approximately 250g for the juice (2 litres) so we called it 1100g for 13%, the only way to know for sure is to take a hydrometer reading when you start and finish (even then its not 100% accurate as you never fill the DJ when you start and top up later).

You have a wine somewhere between 13% and 15%, to be honest i now only use a total of 900g as it the original put SWMBO to sleep after a couple of glasses.

If you look at the start of this thread everyone was using 800g plus approximately 250g for the juice (2 litres) so we called it 1100g for 13%, the only way to know for sure is to take a hydrometer reading when you start and finish (even then its not 100% accurate as you never fill the DJ when you start and top up later).

You have a wine somewhere between 13% and 15%, to be honest i now only use a total of 900g as it the original put SWMBO to sleep after a couple of glasses.

GREAT CHIPPY!!:lol: What is it 15% for your wife to go to sleep My Memsahib needs bit more for that to haapen:mrgreen: If I upgrade the wine for her to go to sleep will become a sprit:grin: I know this Much she has a couple of glasses of Absinthe at the weekend and even that does not get her to doze off :doh::drunk:

What is it 15% for your wife to go to sleep

She only had a couple of glasses of the 13% before she fell asleep especially if she had been on the late shift, to be honest i wasn't far behind if i had been up early for work, we find the 10% version much less sleep inducing :lol:

Hi I think I have just made a mess up> I am about to make my rose but a bit stronger this time than I did last time. But when I done the sugar instead of 800g + the juice sugar which would be approx 10.050 I forgot to do it on this mix and made up 1200 gm of sugar forgetting to add the Juice sugar which would bring it up to 1450 Gm So gods knows what alcohol level it will be. Can anybody help or any advice on this besides anybody drinking this should straight away go to the nearest hospital:mrgreen::nono::doh::drunk:

Hi I think I have just made a mess up> I am about to make my rose but a bit stronger this time than I did last time. But when I done the sugar instead of 800g + the juice sugar which would be approx 10.050 I forgot to do it on this mix and made up 1200 gm of sugar forgetting to add the Juice sugar which would bring it up to 1450 Gm So gods knows what alcohol level it will be. Can anybody help or any advice on this besides anybody drinking this should straight away go to the nearest hospital:mrgreen::nono::doh::drunk:

Whilst the yeast may give up anyway, what stage are you at? Water down perhaps?

Whilst the yeast may give up anyway, what stage are you at? Water down perhaps?
All I have done is put the juice in the demijohn have done sugar ready to go in but have not added it to the demijohn yet but the sugar is liquid form . Also want my wow to be dry as well

All I have done is put the juice in the demijohn have done sugar ready to go in but have not added it to the demijohn yet but the sugar is liquid form . Also want my wow to be dry as well

Options? Try it and see what happens? Redo the sugar solution properly and then add it?

Another way of adding your sugar is to throw it into the juice etc and beat the hell out of it with a wand until it dissolves. Dispenses with the need to heat etc.

So I've sampled my first 2 Wows with like 1400gms of sugar in them and they are the alcohol equivalent of crystal meth but drinkable when diluted with lemonade so will keep them for nice summer days (if we get any) as the underlying taste isn't bad. I put another couple on...anyone tried/made any of the below?

2×Asda Clementine
1xAsda Pineapple
400gs sugar

1xAsda Apple
1xAsda Apple & Mango
1xAsda RGJ, Strawberry & KiwI
400gs sugar

So I've sampled my first 2 Wows with like 1400gms of sugar in them and they are the alcohol equivalent of crystal meth but drinkable when diluted with lemonade so will keep them for nice summer days (if we get any) as the underlying taste isn't bad. I put another couple on...anyone tried/made any of the below?

2×Asda Clementine
1xAsda Pineapple
400gs sugar

1xAsda Apple
1xAsda Apple & Mango
1xAsda RGJ, Strawberry & KiwI
400gs sugar

That would still not be strong enough for the old Memsahib I mean she drinks Absinthe for crying out loud :doh: When you said you put 1400 grams of sugar did that include 250grms of sugar that is already in the juice when you buy it:drunk::sick:

That would still not be strong enough for the old Memsahib I mean she drinks Absinthe for crying out loud :doh: When you said you put 1400 grams of sugar did that include 250grms of sugar that is already in the juice when you buy it:drunk::sick:
No mate that was total but I was going with 3ltrs juice (which I thought was 200gs sugar each) and an additional 800gs of added sugar..so may have been 1550gs of sugar if the juices had 250gs in them...they make a wicked sangria either way :-)

Hi,

I keep seeing lowicz syrups being mentioned in lots of threads, but can't seem to find a definate answer on how to use them?

If I'm using 1L of RGJ (or WGJ if I can get any), how much of the bottle should I use? Half? A quarter?

And will 1L of GJ + some lowicz make a nice WOW, or is do I still need a litre of something else in there, like apple?

Any info / opinions much appreciated...

Cheers

Hi,

I keep seeing lowicz syrups being mentioned in lots of threads, but can't seem to find a definate answer on how to use them?

If I'm using 1L of RGJ (or WGJ if I can get any), how much of the bottle should I use? Half? A quarter?

And will 1L of GJ + some lowicz make a nice WOW, or is do I still need a litre of something else in there, like apple?

Any info / opinions much appreciated...

Cheers

I use 1/2 a bottle matey when using in a DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 1/2 a bottle matey when using in a 5g DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi all, might be on the wrong thread. I make up 10lts of sterilising solution in a large bucket and reuse this for about 3 months. I keep a lid on when not using. is this wise?, never had a bad batch.

hi all, might be on the wrong thread. I make up 10lts of sterilising solution in a large bucket and reuse this for about 3 months. I keep a lid on when not using. is this wise?, never had a bad batch.

Starsan? Many , including me reuse. As long as it remains ph3 or below is fine. I sometimes get some mouldy bits when sanitising bottles that have sat for a while. I either strain this out ir replace the Starsan

Starsan? Many , including me reuse. As long as it remains ph3 or below is fine. I sometimes get some mouldy bits when sanitising bottles that have sat for a while. I either strain this out ir replace the Starsan
no its just wilkos own steriliser. getting back to wine making waitrose have plenty of wgj £175 + lidl have stackes of rgj £59p:whistle::lol:

no its just wilkos own steriliser. getting back to wine making waitrose have plenty of wgj �£175 + lidl have stackes of rgj �£59p:whistle::lol:

59p is that a special at lidl's. £175 for wgj a bit steep :) was £1.65p

I made a batch of WOW and stared it on 19th April when the reading was 1090 It looks like now they are coming to the end of fermenting so just took a reading it was at 1022.As I want it to be dry wine I know i will have to get it down to under 1000 the things when I took a reading last week they where 10 022 then should I add some more yeast if so how much . I know one of the demijohns I added a bit ore sugar than I should of done should I add more yest to that to that one?

Back