Hiya

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joncarpet

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm Jon from Leeds and I've just purchased a woodefords Wherry kit.
I'm about to order a starter kit (fermenting vessel etc) and looking forward to making my 1st attempt at the weekend.
It's all new to me but I think that this place will be a good source of wisdom and knowledge.

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

If you are buying your kit online check out the discount codes from our sponsors in the sponsor forum.

Welcome to the forum Jon, I'd advise ditching the kit yeast and replacing it with Wilko Gervin Yeast or something else like Safale S04 or S05. The Wilko Gervin will be the easiest to get hold of I'd imagine. The kit yeast is notorious for sticking half way through the ferment and you don't need the grief on your first brew.

cheers guys.
i've already got some Wilko gervin yeast. Although i have noticed it is a bigger packet than the one with the set. Do i use all of it?

Good day, welcome! Please do not refrain from asking questions, learn from the mistakes WE made before you make them yourselves :lol:

The last time I did a Wherry with Wilko Gervin it went from OG:1056 to FG:1011. I do like a Wherry, if you ditch the kit yeast you know where you stand with it. It's not an early drinker but given time it's a cracking beer.

Back