WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc - 30 bottle Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pack contents.

1 x Juice Concentrate pack.

Pack A - yeast and nutrient.

Pack B - French oak chips

Pack C - Stabiliser

Pack D - F-Packs (A & B) To enhance the varietal of the wine.

Pack E - Finings = 3 separate packs to be added one hour apart.

208-0830_PI_TPS720065

Instructions.

1. Sterilise FV.

2.Pour in 5 litres of hot water maximum 53c.

3. Pour in 4Kg of sugar.

4. Pour in the contents of the concentrate bottle.

5. Top the FV up to 22.7 litres.

6. Pour in the contents of the Yeast/yeast nutrient pack and also the French Oak Chips pack.

7. Fit lid and airlock.

8. leave the FV in a warm room (20c - 25c) for 6 days (ignore the 6 day guestimate it will take longer even in summer) then check the specific gravity using a hydrometer, if the gravity is less than .996 move to step number 9 (stabilising and clearing)

Review to follow.

Last edited:
The instructions suggest standing the bucket on a tray, after only two days fermenting it has managed to get into the blow off tube, this is the first wine I've made that has done this.

If you would like to make a blow off tube there are instructions in this thread - How to make a blow off tube.

Last edited:
I checked today with my hydrometer and its down to 994, the instructions say its finished at 996.

9] Pour the contents of the stabiliser pack into the wine and stir vigorously to degas.

10] Pour in pack D - F-pack A & B (see first post for description)

11] Pour in pack E - finings 1 stir and leave for 1 hour.

12] After 1 hour pour in pack F finings 2 stir and wait 1 hour.

13] After 1 hour pour in pack G finings 3 cover and leave for 24 hours (i am going to give it 48 to make sure its clear)

I will be bottling (tasting) on Friday. :thumb:

Bottled this tonight and me and Mrs Tea agree it tastes great and we are ordering another kit tomorrow.

It left it 48 hours to clear as i did not have time to bottle it yesterday (instructions say 24 hours) it is as clear as the picture of the same wine provided by Pookihair (see picture below) in the thread here - WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc Kit - 30 bottles

I also got 26 bottles not 30.

They were selling this for £16:50 in Tesco down from £22:50, i would gladly pay £22:50 for this kit.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Glad yours turned out well Chippy :-P. Will you make 2nd lot exactly the same or alter it in any way?
I've bought another kit of the same too and am wondering about adding some WGJ just to make it a little different. I don't want (26x2) 52 bottles exactly the same, even though first lot turned out brilliant.
Any thoughts on this?

I have ordered another and will follow the instructions again, i have a few DJ's of juice wine in various stages of fermentation and am going to make a 5 gallon red grape and apple juice later, this way i have plenty of different types of wine in stock and don't get bored of one type.

At that price it would expect worth the risk you could always add something to it if you were not so keen on the taste.

I don't have bottles for final settling. Can i rack into my five gallon pressure barrel instead? I would be drinking it over a month or so. I have the s30 valve lid and can squirt co2 into it when needed. What do people think?

You don't rack for final settling you finish and clear it in the first FV then bottle it.

You don't rack for final settling you finish and clear it in the first FV then bottle it.
Yup. Sorry that's what I meant. Ferment etc in the fv, but siphon into the barrel instead of bottles afterwards. Would that be okay? Not bothered about fizz in wine. Can't find a definitive answer on the Internet.

Degassing the wine will help clear it but if you intend to age it for many months it should be fine.

The problem with using a barrel is you will have a lot of head space, like a bought bottle of wine the less space between wine and cork the better as it helps stop oxidising.

Degassing the wine will help clear it but if you intend to age it for many months it should be fine.

The problem with using a barrel is you will have a lot of head space, like a bought bottle of wine the less space between wine and cork the better as it helps stop oxidising.
Hmm. Could be a problem then as I will be drinking it slowly. I'll probably start saving up all my 2litre fizzy bottles and use them instead then! :) On the plus side, that means the barrel stays freed up for beer! :cool:

Thanks.

I use 1.5 litre plastic (PET) spring water bottles, they are green so great for wine and if you drop them its no problem.

We go through at least a bottle of fizzy a week so collecting the bottles won't be a problem. I went through the bin and found four already! :-) I'm gonna just use filtered tap water at first and see how it tastes.

I use plain tap water for all my wine, Mrs Tea likes spring water so gets through a lot along with my son who adds it to vimto etc.

Hi Guys just a quick question I have the same kit and I am on day six of fermentation supposedly the step to transfer it to second vessel however SG was only 1.000

:0)

hope this will be ok

Cheers Ian

Latest posts

Back