First brew, 2 wines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is probably the most fascinating hobby ever!

So over the past 3 days i have become an uncle for the first time and brewed up 2 wines.

Firstly the forum supermarket fruit juice rose. Followed the recipe almost to the t... almost.

The second is my own adaptation of other recipes i have been reading. Its a matcha green tea wine.

Both are bubbling away... but the rose is very carbonated bubbling where as the tea wine is more foamy. I left the raisins in the DJ and these are mostly floating at the top but also bobbing up and down. Do i need to stir this one up? Dont really want to disturb it as looks like its doing something but wanted to check.

First beer brew day today hopefully (as long as baby Dexter doesnt make her appearance today!)

I decided to give the tea wine a slight swirl so the crust on top wasnt going to trap anything... the airlock seems to be bubbling more regularly now.

Didn't make the beer in the end, will do this one evening this week hopefully.

D

sounds like you're on the right track mate, I wouldn't open up a container just to stir up any stuff that's decided to float, but give it a swirl, like you've done

You're timing is a bit off, if you're about to receive mini-dexter, should have started a month ago so you'd have it ready for a 'wet the baby's head' :)

sounds like you're on the right track mate, I wouldn't open up a container just to stir up any stuff that's decided to float, but give it a swirl, like you've done

You're timing is a bit off, if you're about to receive mini-dexter, should have started a month ago so you'd have it ready for a 'wet the baby's head' :)

Thanks dude, I know terrible timing!

Thats what I thought, golden rule seems to be don't let oxygen in if you can help it!

Back