WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc - 30 bottle Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Waiting for a free FV to be available. Although I have ordered a 5gal wine FV from tesco £14.50.
Hope this one comes out nicer than the Zifandel I did which has a huge 'twang' to it!

If you drink expensive bottles of Sav Blank you may be disapointed, we don't and find it a decent wine at a decet price.

Funny you say that cos I bought my very first Sav Blanc in Tesco yesterday to gauge what it's 'meant' to taste like. Bought a Zifandel as well and my own tastes rank compared to it! Got that home brew twang

I have only heard of the expression "home brew twang" in the beer forums, i have made several different kits and they have all been drinkable, having said that i am comparing them to cheap supermarket white wine so i guess anything would taste better than that.

Hi!
I picked up a few Winebuddy kits for a song at a local auction. I've made the Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc and all have been declared a success by SWMBO. She had a glass of wine in a pub, recently, and declared that my kit wine was vastly superior. I'm impressed by these kits and would be happy to pay full price for them in future.

Looks like Tesco have a sale on them again at the moment - £11.25 for the 30 bottle kits and £5.25 for the 6 bottles. Also, they're doing a 6 bot starter kit for £11 - might be useful to get another couple of buckets, siphon tubing, hydrometer etc as spares/replacements - I'm thinking that for an extra fiver it's going to be much cheaper than most shops sell them individually for.

Latest posts

Back