tesco brewmaker kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a few kits but I'm almost 100% positive the order will be declined.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Looks like the price has now gone back to where is should be i.e £15.
I did one of the Brewmaker IPA kits sometime back. It turned out about the same as the old Coopers IPA kit (the one that's no longer available)
I would not buy at £15, it's one can at the end of the day. By the time you add the other fermentables you may as well buy a premium kit. Or if you want to experiment, a Coopers or John Bull one can which will work out cheaper.
However if you bought one of these at a knock down price good on yer.

Hi Terry, still looks available. Price is £15 but the listing says it is for 6 x 1.8kg cans.

Hi Terry, still looks available. Price is ��£15 but the listing says it is for 6 x 1.8kg cans.
On the front page yes. But... click on the individual product go to the product listing and it says it currently unavailable in the RHS box.:-(

PS Except Scottish Heavy! So get in if you are interested. But I think they are changing it as I write

Ah right. I did just click on the Scottish Heavy one to check before my last post so guess they just haven't changed that one...yet!

Edit: might be people have just got in quick and cleared them out as the Heavy listing is now saying low stock.

what an amazing cock-up :lol:

well done any of you who got 6 for £15 :thumb:

at that price you can't go wrong. I completely overwrote the brewmaker ipa with my pimped up additions it's only £2.50 a can use the savings to shove more hops in :grin:

now you just need to return these one at a time to tesco stores with the no quibble guarantee :twisted:

Hopefully they honour this lol

1aa1de45675d3aef11fbbed8eecc903b.jpg

Wish I had more time this morning when I first read this. Saying it's in stock, but when you try and checkout it won't let you.

Here we look at consumers' rights when items are incorrectly priced in-store and online.

In stores:

If an item is priced incorrectly on the shelf, or scans at the wrong price at the till, retailers are under no obligation to honour it, under the Sale of Goods Act. They can offer the item at the correct price or refuse your money and withdraw the product from sale.
If a pricing mistake is not noticed and the customer pays for an item at the reduced cost, the purchase is considered a legally binding contract between the retailer and the customer. The shop has no legal right to claw back any money if it later realises there has been an error.

Online:

The situation is not as clear-cut online.
The legally binding contract is complete when a retailer accepts an order. However, acceptance does not necessarily happen at the point of order. Even the confirmation email may not be an acceptance. Some retailers reserve the right to cancel an order up to the point of delivery. It is therefore important to carefully check the retailer’s terms and conditions (which must be available on their website) and emails " if a retailer simply acknowledges an order, there may be no contract at that point.
According to Screwfix’s terms and conditions on its website this week, it only accepts orders once it has delivered the goods. It says the processing of a payment and acknowledgement of an order does not constitute a legally binding contract.
As with in-store purchases, once a customer has received their order a retailer generally has no right to claw back any money.

The catch:

One essential element of a contract is an intention to create legal relations. If an item has been very heavily discounted and it is clear that an error has occurred, the trader could say that it was obvious that they had no intention to form a contract at that price.
In the Screwfix case for example, the company could argue that a ride-on mower that normally costs £1,599.99 would not ever be on sale for £34.99 " and the consumer must have been aware this was a mistake.
Where an item could feasibly be priced at £34.99, something normally priced at £40 for instance, Screwfix would probably have to rely solely on its terms and conditions.
Stuart Helmer, of law firm CMS, said: “The growth of e-commerce creates huge potential for a computer glitch to lead to widespread pricing errors. Screwfix are just the latest in a long line of retailers to be caught out in this way.
“However, if the retailer has drafted its terms and conditions carefully " which Screwfix appears to have done " then, unless it has deliberately misled customers, it will usually be legally entitled to cancel the order right up to the point of delivery. Whether it chooses to do so is a question of public relations, not legal rights.”

I'm sure tesco will find a way out of this and I'm not holding my breath on getting these at the advertised price, even though I have the confirmation email to say that the order will be ready to pickup on monday.

If the do honour the order il be in the market for a lot of PET bottles lol

Back