TC fermenting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddball

Reaction score
I'm currently brewing Fermentall's turbo cider recipe ( used spray malt instead of sugar) and not sure if everything is going ok.First day after pitching yeast nothing happened,put it down to room not warm enough so moved it to small warm cupboard ,2nd day started to fermenting,3rd and 4th day going like a steam train bubbles were constantly flowing out of airlock.Today 5th day slowed right down 1min 40 sec between bubbles.Does this sound right?
thanks

I have had TC ferment to dry (<1.003) in 72 hours. The duration depends on the total sugar content as well as fermentation temperature and yeast.
I tend to not add sugar and aim for approx 5 to 6% ABV and have never had one ferment for longer than a week. I generally let them do their own thing in summer and temperature control them on a heat mat in winter.

Forgot to say - if you have a hydrometer test the SG if not taste it, if it tastes dry rather than sweet its about done.

Well it's still going if now slow just wasn't sure if it should slow down so soon after going like a steam train.I have a hydrometer so i will be able to look for 2 days of same readings.
Thanks for your replies.

yeh the second half of fermentation carries on despite it looking like it's stopped (zero foam on the top sometimes)

I reckon the colour lightens though, could be my eyes tho 😐

finished fermenting after 7 days now been bottled and developing carbonation.

Latest posts

Back