My STC-1000 enclosure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crofty83

Regular.
Reaction score
Knocked this together tonight and thought I would share it with you all :-)

:cheers:

50c0e74e-3319-1ecc.jpg

Neat job Crofty, I really the STC 1000 concept, very usefull for many tasts. So good I'm going to build another. :D
S

Belter said:
What did you use for Heat/Cool connections?

They are hard wired to the controller. The grey connections that you see coming out of the bottom are cable glands which the flex passes through to stop moisture getting into the enclosure

52848bf9-dbd1-830f.jpg

Don't see the point of trailing leads myself, the kit you plug in has trailing plugs :? , So did mine without, probably cheaper as well :)
Being a tight wad, even folded up the box from a piece of scrap ali. :D
Seen here controlling temperature of a fermenter heat pad, with the sensor gaffer taped to the vessel.
6629850377_5123d981d7_b.jpg

S

here is my hlt timer got it off car boot last week new in packing up to 3000w cost £2.00 lol right up your street tight wad lol lol

timer-1.jpg

timer-2.jpg

Springer said:
Don't see the point of trailing leads myself, the kit you plug in has trailing plugs :?

It depends on what you are using it on.
I use mine on 6ft tall larder fridges so they are required if you want the controller on top of the fridge as the power lead won't reach otherwise ;)

Nice find Taz, you can't beat a buy like that. :D
I must admit I have that problem as well A, but I will put a longer lead on the fridge, to avoid trailing leads when I don't want them. Thought someone had shortened the lead, in its life, but perhaps they are all short. :lol:
S

Springer said:
Don't see the point of trailing leads myself, the kit you plug in has trailing plugs :? , So did mine without, probably cheaper as well :)

For those who are interested in the prices

Enclosure = £8.48 (It's also got pre-drilled holes so I can mount it to the wall which I will be doing)
3 x 20mm cable glands = £1.47 (49p each)
1 x 10mm cable gland = 60p
4m of flex = £2.40 (60ppm)
Sockets = About £1.20 each
Plug = 70p

Total = £16.05

Crofty and tazuk,
Can i ask where you guys bought your enclosures from?

Cheers,
Kane

kane said:
Crofty and tazuk,

Cheers,
Kane

Mine came from Screwfix. I'll get the product number at lunch for you

mine from maplins :thumb:

cable glands from tool station cheapest i found ip68 pack of 10 :thumb:

kane said:
Crofty and tazuk,

Cheers,
Kane

kane said:
Crofty and tazuk,

Cheers,
Kane

The Screwfix product code for mine is 88640. If I was to build another one though I would probably use a bigger enclosure as its a bit tight inside. I got the cable glands from eBay. Cheap as chips :-)

Just to understand, you just plug the fridge into this and let this turn off and on the fridge to keep the temperature?

JABB said:
Just to understand, you just plug the fridge into this and let this turn off and on the fridge to keep the temperature?

Yes, and for the heating side you can add a tube heater to the fridge so it heats it up aswell incase the temp outside is lower that you require.

Back