Grumpy Barstewards Corner...The Flip Side...Small Things that make You Happy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from good beer and MUFC winning?

A plan going seamlessly.

Traffic-free commutes.

Chocolate.

Spending time with the wife and dog.

Manners.

Drivers who let you out at road junctions.

Drivers who wave when you pull into a gap in the parked cars on a busy street to let them pass. (we have loads round here)

People that say thanks when you stop at a zebra crossing (yes i know you have to stop but a simple wave makes all the difference)

Manners.

Drivers who let you out at road junctions.

Drivers who wave when you pull into a gap in the parked cars on a busy street to let them pass. (we have loads round here)

People that say thanks when you stop at a zebra crossing (yes i know you have to stop but a simple wave makes all the difference)

I agree with everything there, I have no time for ill-mannered people, apart from the zebra crossing bit. Do I need to say thanks to people for obeying the rules of the road or for not running over me?

apart from the zebra crossing bit. Do I need to say thanks to people for obeying the rules of the road or for not running over me?

In a city where you have several people using the crossing i wouldn't expect anyone to wave but when you see one person approaching the crossing (as i do regularly in our small town) and slow down rather than trying to beat them to it (i bet we have all seen that) i think a little wave is a nice gesture.

Walking home from the pub half-cut on a warm summer evening after kicking out time, and a song coming on the headphones that's so good that you have to sit on the garden wall until it's finished before going in.

Ooooh! There are so many!!

Today, a bedridden and blind old schoolmate asked a question and by the power of t'Internet I accessed the information via my phone and read out everything known about the subject. We live in magical times!

A brass band playing a tune (The Floral Dance) that brings back memories of my Dad; who once hit me so hard that I was knocked out. As I fell I ripped off the latch of a door and coming round I heard Mum ask from the kitchen "What was that noise?" to which Dad replied "We're just having a bit of fun." I still miss him 'cos we were doing just that! :whistle:

How about the memory of my son aged four years old on Christmas morning in the 60's? Dragging his pillow case into our bedroom he moaned that he was crushingly disappointed that Santa hadn't left him a trike. His Mum suggested that Santa may have left big things in the living room and to look there. He opened the door, entered the room, saw the shape of a trike wrapped up in Christmas paper on the table and immediately ran up to the back of a chair to obscure his view. He paused there and obviously hoping that his eyes weren't deceiving him, very slowly peered over the back of the chair to confirm "Santa had been!"

Daft little memories and only a few selected from hundreds of thousands!

I try to live my life with the following in mind:

"Some people have thirty years of experience,
whereas others have one year of experience thirty times."
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:​

Chedder cheese and pickle, the Vincent motorsickle, slap and tickle......

Spending time with my kids in our woods, this Sunday both the boys came in and sat down to dinner exclaiming that it was the best weekend ever!

Latest posts

Back