All Grain Brewing System reviews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drakey182

Reaction score
So I've been looking at these two sets up and was wondering what people's thoughts were and if anyone has used either of them?

Edit Chippy_Tea 7/12/16 - The reviews here starts with Grainfather vs Braumeister then brewster (post 30) + brewcrafter (post 85) + bulldog brewer (post 125) + Ace micro brewer (post142).

I can't speak from any experience of using the two but I have looked at the videos of both in use. They both look as though they would do the job with out any real issue. The grainfather looks a lot more sturdy and better built. The pump looks a lot more solid on the Grainfather too.

Grainfather vs brewmeister?

There's only one way to settle it...FIGHT!!!!!!

Edit: apologies, I know nothing about either of them.

So I've been looking at these two sets up and was wondering what people's thoughts were and if anyone has used either of them?

I've been making wort using a Braumeister (20L) for some time now. Personally, I think they are a little over priced. Having said that, they are fantastic. There's no serious competition out there, yet. So I don't see much in terms of price reductions, unfortunately. I came from extract then BIAB. The grainfather would have been very welcome had I not coughed up for a Braumeister. At the end of the day, we get what we pay for and make do with it.

This guy's from NZ, right? Where are grainfathers made? :doh:

The Grainfather is designed and engineered in New Zealand (where the head office, Imake Ltd is). The parts have been sourced from Asia. The Grainfather is then assembled in locally in each market.

The Grainfather is designed and engineered in New Zealand (where the head office, Imake Ltd is). The parts have been sourced from Asia. The Grainfather is then assembled in locally in each market.

Yes, pretty much like most things :twisted: In the end, he couldn't deny the BM's superiority though, despite not mashing in properly. And he spent some time arguing the GF's future potential with modifications. I agree with the guy, but currently there's no comparison between the two systems. The GF is an interesting prototype worth developing. The BM is better IMHO. But as I wrote elsewhere on the thread, I would have considered a GF, but they weren't on the market when I coughed up. It'll be interesting to learn from user experiences now they're being sold by LHBSs...

Having watched the videos and if money was no object i would choose the Braumeister, no setting your phone timer to start the next step its all done for you, the biggest problem he had with the Grainfather was the pump or strainer getting clogged, was this because he was recirculating it back into the machine instead of pumping it into a FV, if it was then he didn't give the Grainfather a fair review.

Having to pay extra for the Braumeister chiller when you consider the price difference between machines is a bit of a kick in the spuds.

major difference between the 2 is the sophistication of the controller, the grainfarther controller is a basic temp controller and switches to engage or bypass capable of stepped mashing If the user makes the temp changes in real time. the BM has a more programmable controller which is set up in advance with the mash schedule for steps if desired.

though controllers can be upgraded easily enough, i am looking at a Leal kit controller from Aus, initially designed as an upgrade for the BM Im sure it will work just fine with my Grainfarther..

I have a grainfather and if money was no object I'd have went for the braimeister instead. I absolutely love my gf tho, for the money it's an absolutely cracking piece of kit I think.

http://www.home-brew-online.com/equ...ster-all-in-one-all-grain-micro-brewery-p1781

This is the other all in one system around. It looks a but plasticky but it could well be a decent unit. I wonder what other members think.

I looked at these a couple of years ago. At the time, I thought I could make something just as good for less.

The only system that's caught my interest is:

http://www.brew-boss.com/default.asp

I even got in touch with them. Shipping costs, VAT x2 plus import duty was the killer.

must say i enjoyed the videos..when i first started AG i did look at the BM but cost was a big issue...for me space is a big issue so i was tempted..however i decided on a 30 ltr plastic boiler and mashtun..then got a bit carried away and changed to a 70lltr pot and gas burner

i have also accrued a lot of other bits and pieces so have kit hidden all over house and in work at present.

Solution spend 2 grand on a shed to solve storage problem.

can prove an expensive hobby..

In reference to the pump clogging issue obviously a hop bag would solve the problem but I wonder if there would be a difference with hop cones rather then pellets

In reference to the pump clogging issue obviously a hop bag would solve the problem but I wonder if there would be a difference with hop cones rather then pellets

Apparently cones are better than pellets but I've had mine block with cones. A cheap muslin bag solves the problem as you say, I've done one brew without a bag and regretted it.

Latest posts

Back