Adnams

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breameister

Reaction score
Booked a tour to Adnams brewery next sat. Me thinks they will get fed up with me asking all sorts of questions about their process. Still it should be interesting.

And the recipe for Ghostship

+1. All the clone attempts I've seen seem to get the hops wrong. The adnams brewer does give the hop list here :

Centennial
Columbus
Citra
Dry hop: Citra

Of course no clues as to the quantities are forthcoming.

"The final concept for Ghost Ship would be for a beer light in colour but with a little more sweetness and body from the addition of some caramalt and some rye to our pale ale malt. The Citra hops were complemented by a few other varieties, including Columbus and Centennial, but all the dry hops were Citra."

There is a recipe for Broadside in a Graham Wheeler book I have.... As well explorer and their bitter.

I know, but from what I've read it doesnt taste much like Broadside. Apparently there are other 'processes' that go on in the brewery. Perhaps I should have a go at the GW reciepe myself ad not rely on what the internet says though

I know, but from what I've read it doesnt taste much like Broadside. Apparently there are other 'processes' that go on in the brewery. Perhaps I should have a go at the GW reciepe myself ad not rely on what the internet says though

It is quite a simple recipe plus has the addition of sugar which I'm guessing is unlikely to be what Adnams use.

Some pictures but no secrets. Lol
e62830ea0591837024b509f2d51d0060.jpg
84711ab57cbe5f9818dae850b8200416.jpg
35031bdf33afda492eb0df978f16ff9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this tour with my Dad yesterday. A very good informative tour and I would recommend it to anybody who happens to be visiting Southwold. (Still no closer to knowing the Recipe for Ghost Ship, other than it's got Citra in it, which we all know!).

Funny thing from my point of view is they got their house yeast from the Morgan Brewery in Norwich, 2 weeks before it was bombed. My first flat was on the site of that very brewery.

How did the bitter come out? What yeast did you use? Friend of mine wants me to bre him some so ordered some London ale yeast 3. Hoping that's suitable.

Sorry I have never brewed it. I was just helping point out where a recipe was.

Back