What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young's American IPA, The last of 29 660ml bottles.

20170719_203724.jpg

A Better Brew Czech Pilsner, a Better Brew IPA. Both pouches split in transit so brewed them back to back, but please, I don't want any of you worrying about this..........I'll manage.

Recommended by assistant in Hippo Beers in Glasgow as close to a NEIPA. Hope not. It's pretty bang average for an IPA.
64770e43784b4e3c43e0d3e125c98e46.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Sob! Sob! The photographs say it all. All 46 litres of Vienna Lager finished so tried a Stout.

The "Good News" is that the Stout is coming good and looking to be fine come the Winter ...

... but ooooh, that lager was nice! (The dates are when each MK was finished!) :thumb:

End of lager.jpg

First stout.jpg

Sob! Sob! The photographs say it all. All 46 litres of Vienna Lager finished so tried a Stout.

The "Good News" is that the Stout is coming good and looking to be fine come the Winter ...

... but ooooh, that lager was nice! (The dates are when each MK was finished!) :thumb:

Kegs don't last long do they.

How much priming do you do for the lager?

Kegs don't last long do they.

How much priming do you do for the lager?

An absolute maximum of 3g per litre in the MKs ... :thumb:

... and even then I release the pressure off the top before I insert the wand on the Flexi-Tap.

That's the first and last time that I will beat myself up by noting when an MK is finished. :whistle:

(Memo to self : Wipe boards clean before SWMBO goes into garage!)

just had a bottle of hob goblin gold which is one of my favourite commercially bottled ales,dunno if its me but somehow tonight it didn't hit the spot,have they changed it and messed around with it?,certainly seems less citrus to me

Not keen on any of the Sharp range I've tasted..

Gerry

From a cask they are some of the best beers out there. There Special is ridiculously good but pretty sure they've started to brew elsewhere to fulfil their demand for bottled beers- definitely nothing like the stuff brewed in Cornwall

From a cask they are some of the best beers out there. There Special is ridiculously good but pretty sure they've started to brew elsewhere to fulfil their demand for bottled beers- definitely nothing like the stuff brewed in Cornwall
Never had the opportunity to try cask but if it arises I certainly shall.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back