Hi from Durham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstclass

Reaction score
Hi, I've just joined the forum. I live near Durham in the North East uk.

I've been making wine - mostly from fruit, occasionally from kits - for about 30 years on and off. I joined yesterday when I came across the forum while searching for a 'jam' wine recipe to use up some old jars of jam.

Racked off 5 gallons of gooseberry rose yesterday and started one gallon of jam wine, now I'm off to bottle off some of my wines that have been ageing for a year or two.

I love my hobby - I get immense amounts of pleasure from turning fruit and water and sugar into alcohol... :smile:

Hi!
Welcome to the forum; greetings from one Cuddy to another!
I'm on top secret missionary work in Yorkshire - I've been in deep cover for 30 years. :mrgreen:
My blackberry wine is ready for racking and there's 15lb of the beauties in the freezer once space becomes available in the brew fridge.
Colin

JoJorose, yes, it's on the go and no, I've never made it before. I tried a sip the other day and it seems to have fermented out pretty well so I have added some stabiliser and put it out in the cold to settle. I am intrigued to see how it turns out...

Heyup. Sorry couldnt get onto site for a bit, have no idea why. I just had a look to see wine jam recipes sounds interesting but it would have to be homemade wouldnt it as manufacturers dont always use sugar?

I suppose so. I wasn't really thinking of people buying it, I just wanted a good way to use up old jam. Turn it into alcohol! :smile6:
I guess if you are careful to check what is in the jam you want to use it could work with shop bought jam.

Back