Hello from North East Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daz1200

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Thought I would introduce myself again, I have been lurking around for a while but haven't brewed for a couple of years.

I live in north east Scotland but I am from north east England originally, moved to Scotland 14 years ago and have no intention of moving back to England again.

Brewed a few kits 2 years ago and got into all grain after reading a few posts on this forum. Brewed a few batches of basic AG recipes, bottled it up and stored it away in the garage. Loved the fresher malty taste of AG brewing, recently had a clear out in the garage and found 20 bottles of the AG which was now 2 years old...was going to throw it out but curiosity got the better of me. Cracked a bottle open and Wow! amazing, really surprised it kept so long without going off. Now drunk all bottles which were around ABV 7%.

I have the brewing bug again.

I have just bought a Bulldog Brewer and got a couple of brews on.

Planning a Flanders Red Ale soon

Daz

Hello everybody,

Thought I would introduce myself again, I have been lurking around for a while but haven't brewed for a couple of years.

I live in north east Scotland but I am from north east England originally, moved to Scotland 14 years ago and have no intention of moving back to England again.

Brewed a few kits 2 years ago and got into all grain after reading a few posts on this forum. Brewed a few batches of basic AG recipes, bottled it up and stored it away in the garage. Loved the fresher malty taste of AG brewing, recently had a clear out in the garage and found 20 bottles of the AG which was now 2 years old...was going to throw it out but curiosity got the better of me. Cracked a bottle open and Wow! amazing, really surprised it kept so long without going off. Now drunk all bottles which were around ABV 7%.

I have the brewing bug again.

I have just bought a Bulldog Brewer and got a couple of brews on.

Planning a Flanders Red Ale soon

Daz
Nice looking bit of kit that Bulldog.Good luck...

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chippy Tea.

PMS67 I'm in Moray not far from Elgin, up in whisky country!

GerryJo yeah the brewdog brewer seems ok, I have only done one batch on it so far but its quicker than my old stove top setup.

Thanks Chippy Tea.

PMS67 I'm in Moray not far from Elgin, up in whisky country!

GerryJo yeah the brewdog brewer seems ok, I have only done one batch on it so far but its quicker than my old stove top setup.
Don't knock the stove especially if it's gas and your leccy goes out😋

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Hi Daz, good luck on the flanders red ale, ive got one on the go at the moment. 5 months in so far so only 7 months till first tastings..

GerryJo - Yes the stove top still a useful backup and I do still use it to heat my sparge water.

Marlow - Thanks for the welcome.

Zephyr259 and LesTom - Nice to know I'm not the only one up here in Scotland.

JFB - Thanks, think I will need all the luck I can get. I have never attempted a Flanders Red before, got all my ingredients together, just need to find some time to get it done.

Maybe in touch for advice !

Daz

Hello from South Eastern Australia. I believe my sister was up your way recently, hope there's enough alcohol left!

Back