Finsbury Park Mosque

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might as well have been talking about him.... :lol: Where's that silver surfer when you need him!

Here's what someone I know typed about the person who committed this crime. I bet he's close.
Pontyclun, that hot-bed of Islamic Fundamentalism and scene of so many Isis atrocities. **** didn't even have the decency to top himself and was easily overpowered by bystanders while he bravely attempted to flee the scene.
I'm picturing a heavily tattooed, seriously overweight, shaven headed, 'out of work' tradesman called Wayne or Leighton. His nickname down the club will be something like 'Rambo.' He'll have done a stretch in the TA's for a bit in his younger twenties, but been kicked out for being ****. He attributes his 'out of work' status to the fact that there's 'so many of them foreigners that it's taking the **** and not a level playing field no more' but the fact of the matter is, he's unreliable, smells and invariably does a **** job. He supports Leeds. Loves his dogs and his kids (in that order) but is currently separated from Missus Rambo number four. He saw what happened in Manchester and London and '****in' lost it.' He then took up Theresa's 'Enough is Enough' call to arms and decided that 'summin' ad to be done' and that he was gonna 'give 'em the mother of all terrorist incidents.' This attack had been planned about 8 hours in advance. On the dashboard of the van will be a jewel case containing two cds. Screwdriver's Greatest Hits and 'Nick and Tommy's Speeches To Make Us Great Again.'
Me and my prejudices. I dunno what I'd feel better about, being totally wrong with the above or bang on the numbers.

I used to live in Pontyclun by the way, there are hardly any Muslims living there.

If you don't like talking about religion why do you spend so much time here doing just that?

There's lots of things I don't like talking about... death/cancer/money worries/ blocked plugholes, but they are unavoidable, just like religion and the trouble it causes.

There's lots of things I don't like talking about... death/cancer/money worries/ blocked plugholes, but they are unavoidable, just like religion and the trouble it causes.

It is unavoidable if you narrow your world view down to single issues.

Globalisation. Historical imperialism. Economic and military strategic and tactical alliances. Winners and Losers. Societal inequality. Poverty. Mistrust. Ignorance. Deceitful media.

And religion.

It's a powerful brew, isn't it? But if you boil it down to single issues, then you can justify racism and prejudice very easily.

"We wanna be free, to do what we wanna do..we wanna be free to ride....We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHly9UuQ-A

Saw them play this again in Brum last Xmas. Still a great band.
Was shocked at the amount of people sleeping rough there. That is just not right.

Worried about radicalisation? Read this article and read the comments that follow it (I wouldn't normally link to this obscene rag).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4616640/Tommy-Robinson-criticises-Finsbury-Park-Mosque.html

From the comments;
"Will Britons ever again be allowed to voice their opinion on anything ? Or will everything we say now be censored, as we currently have with British publications. Including this one (the DM) ? How will we be able to communicate fact and truth ever again?"

Who is this god you worship? Funny thing about gods, is that everyones opinion of belief in such is different, even supposedly from the same source. God apparently has destroyed billions of star systems over the years and countless species, caused countless wars and unnecessary hardship for billions, yet very peaceful. People make their own gods and twist their own ideas to promote their own agendas for good or ill make your own mind up.
Ehhh it's my God, an all powerful being that may exist in my homebrewed affected brain only,but in my simple world,he means peace to your fellow man.
Each to their own though,I have absolutely no problem with non believers (I was one for 38 years) or even people who believe in other gods,may the God of Hops turn his face towards you my friend 👍

Update on the story the attacker has been named as Darren Osbourne, recently got kicked out buy his girlfriend and living in a tent in the woods and unemployed. His Muslim neighbours said they got on with him fine and are surprised but someone said he was recently kicked out of a pub for insulting Muslims.

So is this the shape of things to come? I'm hoping this isn't the case.

Last edited:
Ehhh it's my God, an all powerful being that may exist in my homebrewed affected brain only,but in my simple world,he means peace to your fellow man.
Each to their own though,I have absolutely no problem with non believers (I was one for 38 years) or even people who believe in other gods,may the God of Hops turn his face towards you my friend 👍

:clap:

I know it says allegedly but doubt the police would have got involved if it had not been serious - "Richard Evans allegedly posted: "It's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."

Finsbury Park attack: Son of hire boss held over Facebook post

A man has been arrested on suspicion of posting an offensive Facebook post about the London Finsbury Park attack.

Police said a 37-year-old, believed to be the son of an owner of the Rhondda Cynon Taff company whose van was used in Monday's attack, is in custody.

Richard Evans allegedly posted: "It's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."

His father, Lee Evans, said he condemned the remarks.

South Wales Police said a 37-year-old man was being held on suspicion of displaying threatening, abusive, insulting written material with intent that is likely to stir up racial hatred.

Comments made by an account under the name of Richard Gear Evans Facebook, which were then shared by others on Twitter, read: "Glad I'm not running the van hire the police wouldn't like what my answer would be.

"It's my dad's company I don't get involved it's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."

The comments and account profile appear to have since been deleted.

Lee Evans said: "I want to condemn in the strongest possible terms these ill-considered Twitter comments, which in no way reflect my own view or indeed those of anyone else in the family.

"The attack in Finsbury Park was shocking and cowardly. Together with all the staff at Pontyclun Van Hire, I am doing everything I can to assist the Metropolitan Police in their inquiries."

Darren Osborne, 47, from Cardiff, is being held on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorism, attempted murder and murder following the incident at Finsbury Park.

On Tuesday evening, the Met's counter terrorism unit was given an extension until the early hours of Saturday to question Mr Osborne.

The attack in Finsbury Park happened as an ill man was receiving first aid from the public near the mosque, where people had been saying Ramadan night prayers.

The van was apparently driven at people who were helping him.

Police said they were still trying to establish if there was a link between the man's death and the attack.

The man died and nine people were taken to three London hospitals, while two others were treated for minor injuries.

Witnesses said they heard the driver, who was detained by members of the public before police arrived, shout: "I am going to kill Muslims."

One of Mr Osborne's neighbours said they thought they had seen him sleeping in a van on Saturday night.

South Wales Police confirmed that 24 hours before the London attack it had responded to a 101 call following reports of an "insecure van" in the Llanedeyrn area of Cardiff.

Officers found a man asleep inside, but no offence had been committed.

BBC News.

Back