Jodie Who?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet the die hard fans didn't see that one coming.

Who was your favourite Dr Who?

Jodie Whittaker has been announced as Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord - the first woman to be given the role.

Same here, anyone here old enough to remember being scared of the Daleks :lol:

That should lessen the blow, I don't know anyone who still watches it and my son says it's not something he nor his friends watch, I wonder what the viewing figures are compared to a few years ago.

That should lessen the blow, I don't know anyone who still watches it and my son says it's not something he nor his friends watch, I wonder what the viewing figures are compared to a few years ago.

Still plenty of fans out there. I used to go to the Mad Hatter pub in blackfriars on a sat eve. The London Sci Fi society hold their bi-weekly meeting there. Whenever theres a series of Dr Who on they show it on the big screen in the pub

I did have a client who was a big Dr Who fan. I took him to see, The Dr Who Symphonic Spectacular! At the Wembley arena. The place was packed.

The thing is even though the doctor regenerates he is the same brain inside a different MALE body...he remembers all his adventures,enemies and everything else that happened during his 2000 year existence.
Now. ..he is going to change into a SHE...but will his brain remain male or is the doctor not being human and being a time lord of neutral gender? (Hides being settee incase of unintentional gender phobia or time lord phobia offence being caused or mass invasion of daleks ).
Perhaps the doctor should now be called Dr POO! As there will only be sitting down in the tardis lavatory for the next couple of hundred years....

Im sure ive caught the back end of some DR who on radio 4 extra with Joanna Lumley or a soundalike playing the title role?? or perhaps it was bbc webisodes ?? tho might have been web fan fiction while the beeb wasnt interested in the title??

The only thing I've ever seen her in was her first film Venus, with the famous scene when she got her baps out for Peter O'Toole to ogle at.

I stopped watching Dr Who when that awful shouty Catherine Tate woman started appearing in it.

I'm not much of a Doctor Who fan, but I am deriving a lot of amusement from the inevitable man-children who are firmly of the opinion that the immortal, shape shifting, alien Time Lord can not possibly be a woman, because apparently time travel requires a penis :lol:

Well we've already had the Master reappearing as a woman in the first season of peter Capaldi, so as far as Timelord regenerations go we already knew it was possible. Haven't watched any Dr Who since though as our wonderfull broadband just gets progressively worse so I've been waiting for the Capaldi DVDs to drop to a sensible level. I object to paying twenty odd quid for something that costs about 50p to produce.

I'm a lifelong Who fan (one of my earliest memories is of watching it aged 2 in 1978) and am a keen supporter of gender equality, but this just feels like box ticking. Don't corral a woman into an existing male character, write great new shows with strong female leads. That said, I hope she's successful and that the site guess from strength to strength.

It wasn't a big surprise, you had the master becomming a woman and back in the Tom Baker days a time lord on Galafray had become a time lady so there was some history that it could occur. As to whether she's any good in the part yet to be seen. Must admit to having missed all the capaldi episodes except the first, was still watching In the Thick of it and couldn't take it out of my head him as the doctor.

Latest posts

Back