Holland & Barrett Malt Extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sell flaked barley wow. How much and is it the same stuff?

You'd be surprised what H&B sell that you can use in a brew. So far I've noted

Malt extract
Additive free cornflakes (same as flaked corn/maize)
Additive free rice crispies (same as flaked rice)
Flaked Barley
Flaked Oats (you can of course buy this anywhere)
Easy Cook polenta (made from maize/corn so you can use it instead of the corn flakes. It's also much cheaper)
Flaked Rye

Still giving out 20% off vouchers and also £5 off a £20 shop. Got those today when i purchased some Potters extract and some flaked barley.Had one voucher for 20% off one item,got it off both:thumb::mrgreen:.

Im starting to think they Know home Brewers are Making a big impact on theyre sales. Well never Know this for certain Though. Couldnt see that Welsh bloke saying one pint a day of ale saves you buying the b complex vitimins

Seeing as you are a most informed,very knowledgeable person and all round forum nice guy..and hipster,I may have to pursue your invaluable advice...
First I must brew a stout! Is any stout suitable or should one go for the breakfast variety?

Cheers

Clint

I think a breakfast stout is a 'sub-genre' of a dry stout. I think it's called breakfast stout because it's got a very pronounced coffee flavour to it. A basic dry irish stout can have as little as only three differnect grains in it, Roasted Barley, Flaked barley and pale malt, so a good stout to start off on

Plan was a dry stout with some CML American pale ale yeast....but I have enough ingredients for two...for may brew one with each...

Cheers

Clint

Seeing as you are a most informed,very knowledgeable person and all round forum nice guy..and hipster,I may have to pursue your invaluable advice...
First I must brew a stout! Is any stout suitable or should one go for the breakfast variety?

Cheers

Clint
He was a grumpy so&so Friday night bless him.

Gerry

Another buy 'one and get one half price' offer on at H&B at present and it includes their liquid malt extract, so today I have bought some more jars. It has gone up to £2.99 a 1lb jar recently but if you buy multiples of two jars with the offer it still represents good value for money. I have got myself a reward card now and they sent me a voucher for £1.50 the other week so that makes it even cheaper. :thumb: And as I have said on here before I have found it OK for brewing, no twang at all, or I wouldn't be buying the stuff.

Another buy 'one and get one half price' offer on at H&B at present and it includes their liquid malt extract, so today I have bought some more jars. It has gone up to £2.99 a 1lb jar recently but if you buy multiples of two jars with the offer it still represents good value for money. I have got myself a reward card now and they sent me a voucher for £1.50 the other week so that makes it even cheaper. :thumb: And as I have said on here before I have found it OK for brewing, no twang at all, or I wouldn't be buying the stuff.
What's the gram weight of it tezza,ah just seen it as a pound jar,thanks mate for the head up

Back