AG#39 Proper Job - 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Been meaning to brew another PJ for ages - so a couple of tweaks on the hopping from the original and a little carapils as well as the pale malt. Gonna stick with US-05 as results were great last time :D Sat or sun brewday :cool:

Proper Job 5.1% 46litres

8000g pale malt m/o
300g carapils
400g sugar

30g Chinook - 60mins
40g Chinook - 10mins
40g Cascade - 10mins
40g Williamette - 10mins
30g Chinook - 5mins
30g Cascade - 5mins
30g Williamette - 5mins
16g Cascade - 30min steep @ 80degrees
16g Williamette - 30min steep @ 80degrees

dry hop each 23l FV with 7g cascade and 7g williamette after initial fermentation :cool:

Expected OG: 1044
Expected FG: 1006
IBU:45.9
SRM:4.8

I can taste it already :drink:

Nice one Rick! Hope it goes well.... today or tomorrow?

(Raining here now)

Cheers chaps - proper job 1 is a great memory :cool:

Tony said:

(Raining here now)

Rain + hangover = sunday brew :whistle: (sun forecast) However I have 4gallons of apricot wine and 2gallons rhubarb and 1gallon cranberry to rack :party: the 2gallon of raspberry aren`t ready yet ;)

rickthebrew said:
Cheers chaps - proper job 1 is a great memory :cool:

Tony said:

(Raining here now)

Rain + hangover = sunday brew :whistle: (sun forecast) However I have 4gallons of apricot wine and 2gallons rhubarb and 1gallon cranberry to rack :party: the 2gallon of raspberry aren`t ready yet ;)

Glad to see you're taking these things in moderation. :drunk:

rickthebrew said:
the 2gallon of raspberry aren`t ready yet ;)
I've been meaning to do a raspberry for ages .... you'll have to keep us updated.

I bottled 40 ltrs of mild earlier - and reminded myself why I usually stick to 25ltr batches..... :D

Good luck tomorrow

Raining at 7am :( so got the brolly out ;) All done and dusted, 46litres @1044 so very happy :cool: One boilover - but not to bad, thought "what`s that noise?" $**T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

couple pics, lots of lovely hops and wine :thumb:
IMGP4241.jpg

10min addition :party:
IMGP4243.jpg

All the hops smelt amazing, can`t beat cascade for aroma. US-05 sprinkled on wort so fingers crossed :drink:

Well done on the Proper Job, Cascade and Willamette are great together :thumb:

77 pints bottled two days ago - had a quick taster today :D needs to carb a little bit more but early signs are very promising indeed - light, hoppy and proper ;)

Just ordered the hops to get this on again (after the summer ale and witbier ) :cool:

Latest posts

Back