What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had bottles of my 3rd and 4th AG which have only been 2 weeks in bottle. Very nice prefer the 4th which was made with target hops. Now on a lager i found from last winter and then onto the last of my evil dog

I always put four bottles of my brews aside and I hold them for a minimum of four months, tonight I had a Coopers English Bitter I bottled on 08/02/15 my second ever brew. It was gorgeous, it's really matured nicely, and I've still got three left!!

I always put four bottles of my brews aside and I hold them for a minimum of four months, tonight I had a Coopers English Bitter I bottled on 08/02/15 my second ever brew. It was gorgeous, it's really matured nicely, and I've still got three left!!

I like to leave mine 2-3 months before drinking but now that i have AG I'm trying them early. Also running low on stock as only making smaller brews. I do think that you get a really good beer if you can leave it long enough.

Yeah, what a good idea and been meaning to do it myself, but somehow...:whistle:

I like to leave mine 2-3 months before drinking but now that i have AG I'm trying them early. Also running low on stock as only making smaller brews. I do think that you get a really good beer if you can leave it long enough.
Ian, my stocks never last four months, but I do want to try all the beers when they've matured to their best so they get tied up in a bag with a slip of paper of what they are and when they were bottled. I keep an eye in my beer book, it means that every two weeks I get to try a new beer and now I get to try an old beer as well. Happy Days!!! Gotta love this HB'ing.

Ian, my stocks never last four months, but I do want to try all the beers when they've matured to their best so they get tied up in a bag with a slip of paper of what they are and when they were bottled. I keep an eye in my beer book, it means that every two weeks I get to try a new beer and now I get to try an old beer as well. Happy Days!!! Gotta love this HB'ing.

That is the way I do it , I have a pipeline so that I am drinking a few batches at the same time some fresh some ages and some inbetween, you get to explore them at various stages.

I am finding AG you can drink very fresh though, so will see what they are like matured

Friday is beer day so let's kick this off, Youngs Harvest lime lager, Wherry, John Bull IPA, Coopers Stout and there's a 1L bottle of TC in the fridge that I'm planning to ignore. But you know what they say "Man plans, God and the wife laugh" so we'll see how it goes. SWMBO has a 1L red grape WOW in the fridge but she's very partial to the TC over ice. So what's in your glass tonight?

I know this is a beer thread but what the hell.

Me and Mrs Tea have just bottled a WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc 30 bottle kit so we will be sharing a bottle or three later.

Bummer!!....

Weirdly enough it actually tastes quite nice. I associate LP with a nice clean caramel taste. This has got non of that because the wild yeast have chewed through all the usually non-fermentable sugars from the large amount of crystal you have in LP so it tastes nothing like LP. Also it seems when you get a beer that is so over attenuated as this is (92%AA/ FG 1.003) is seems to cause the bitterness level to increase some how. I bittered this to about 30 IBU but it tastes more like 40.

So what I've ended up with is a beer that tastes like a low hopped IPA. I've got 50 more bottles left and I intend drinking that lot :mrgreen:

My Batemans Mild is a right off though :cry:

Red wine (the cheapest I could find). A soup`con of methylated spirits and hey ho, a red biddy (google it, seriously people drink this! Unless you're from Devon/Somerset, then it's Brasso you require, apparently).

Tried a couple of my Nelson pale ales tonight after two weeks in the bottle, I think I like this hop a lot! Might have a couple of my fast disappearing Mosaics too.

just an orang-no-tang? Whoa! and a jaipur x, so please make an allowance for any posts I make after 7:30 tonight :drunk:

I want to try Jaipur x, be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I've had a home brew English IPA (good), home brew lager (meh) and have a brew dog Alice porter after that. Not sure from there, maybe a lucky dip in my home brew.

Currently necking a Thornbridge Jehanne which is a 7.4% Biere de Garde. And very nice it is too.

It's chasing down a Tempest Almond and Clementine Saison - which was also very pleasant.

I've had a couple of bottles of Jaipur X recently - I really like the Double IPA style beers generally and I like the one I made so think another will be on the to-do-list.

I really liked the X. What surprised me was how clear it was - you know how Double IPAs usually look a bit "sludgy" but that's par for the course. But the X was crystal clear.

I've had a home brew English IPA (good), home brew lager (meh) and have a brew dog Alice porter after that. Not sure from there, maybe a lucky dip in my home brew.

I found it to be closer to Halcyon than regular Jaipur. In terms of VFM halcyon is a better bet. The Jaipur X has dulled my ability to describe it :whistle:

Id say Bengali tiger is a nice step up from Jaipur.

Had an alice porter on tap in brewdog Cardiff. Very nice it was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back