The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's for wine as far as i am aware. Beer nutrient should have other stuff in it apart from Diammonium Phosphate like zinc, magnesium etc. I started a thread on it http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69353 but i not really sure what peoples conclusions were. I just never got around to buying the wyeast one. Cant say about high gravity beers as only brewed a handful. Half were really cack and the others i used very large starters with.

I'm hoping this one's ok, I shouldn't have added the 300g of sugar but was worried I wouldn't have a decent abv as I was unsure with sparge and top up water.
Although saying that the Young's AIPA requires a whopping 1kg so I'm sure it'll be a less thin one in comparison
As for the nutrient, think I've messed up there as I've been using the wine one!

Cheers mate good idea. I buy 10packs at once and its under £8 delivered so might as well as saves me worrying about it. Heard beers over 1070 really benefit from nutrient https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=456 so going to ask Steven if they can source some as this seems expensive and not readily available.
I use wilko nutrient. Great stuff. Only one that I can find has zinc in it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

First time using, ordered 5 packs a month or so back. Just got round to doing a mad goose with a few more hops. Only pitched it 6 hours ago and it's bubbling away already. Used the cali common on this. Only at 18oc too.

I pitched the Real Ale Yeast late on Sunday afternoon for a Young's Special clone I'm doing. I did mix it with some tepid water as instructed. The wort was around 20°C and was bubbling away merrily not that many hours later. I glad I put a blow-off pipe on the fermenter as it was so active. All good so far. I bought 10 packs of each of the Real Ale Yeast and US Pale Ale Yeast.

Cheers mate good idea. I buy 10packs at once and its under £8 delivered so might as well as saves me worrying about it. Heard beers over 1070 really benefit from nutrient https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=456 so going to ask Steven if they can source some as this seems expensive and not readily available.

I'm gonna try just started pitching more yeast I think. I think that's key rather than another expense on a product which in the beer making world is 50/50.
On the subject on malt miller, I've noticed they're cheaper on a lot more hops than crossmyloof. But then I'm confused with the delivery charge. 3quid for 100g of hops.

I find that if you're buying up to a kilo of hops (They do direct sell discounts too on their FB page) then Crossmyloof are cheaper than most places, as delivery is included.

Stringybob - They're away to a beer festival in Germany, so shut up shop until next Wednesday - Here's their facebook page update
https://www.facebook.com/TheCrossmyloof/

I'm gonna try just started pitching more yeast I think. I think that's key rather than another expense on a product which in the beer making world is 50/50.
On the subject on malt miller, I've noticed they're cheaper on a lot more hops than crossmyloof. But then I'm confused with the delivery charge. 3quid for 100g of hops.

You only really need to do this if the OG is more than 1.060 or your fermenting cold (about 15C or below), especially with dried yeast as theirs absolutly loads of cells in their. Far more than a packet of liquid yeast. Having said that CML yeast is so cheap (especially if you buy 10 packs) it wont harm any thing if you do

I find that if you're buying up to a kilo of hops (They do direct sell discounts too on their FB page) then Crossmyloof are cheaper than most places, as delivery is included.

Stringybob - They're away to a beer festival in Germany, so shut up shop until next Wednesday - Here's their facebook page update
https://www.facebook.com/TheCrossmyloof/

Ah, I was wondering the same. Thanks.

I bought mix and match x 5 packs of yeast via Facebook last week plus 2 x 100g hops. To be honest the hops also look good value if you consider that p+p is included.

I put a brew on yesterday with the Kolsch yeast at 16c. It's gone off like a rocket, and I'm now thinking that I should have gone for lower temp (crossmyloof recommend 17-22c for this yeast). Looked like quite a generous 10g packet, although didn't weigh it.

I bought mix and match x 5 packs of yeast via Facebook last week plus 2 x 100g hops. To be honest the hops also look good value if you consider that p+p is included.

I put a brew on yesterday with the Kolsch yeast at 16c. It's gone off like a rocket, and I'm now thinking that I should have gone for lower temp (crossmyloof recommend 17-22c for this yeast). Looked like quite a generous 10g packet, although didn't weigh it.

I have fermented at 15c but i bet it would go down lower with more yeast. I used 2 packs. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

I have fermented at 15c but i bet it would go down lower with more yeast. I used 2 packs. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

Used a kolsch on a double malt european lager , 30ltr just one packet did a perfect job at around 18c during the day and down as low as 13c at night no temp control, tasted lush at bottling . bottled and conditioning for ten weeks summer drinking , All the cross my loof products are excellent. Doing a Woodfords Bure Gold tomorrow with there real ale yeast.

They don't seem to be selling on eBay at the moment anyone know anything about this?

Back