Pale mild

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just about to start this one off. Only a 4 litre batch as a test,if any good i will step it up in quantity next time
500 grams mixed pale and stout malt
40 grams crystal 140L
15 grams flaked barley
50 grams light munich
2 grams black malt
30grams light brown sugar
3 grams EKG 60 min
3grams Fugles 60 min
1/2 protofloc tablet 15 mins
1/2 pack CML ale yeast re hydrated
Expected OG 1035
Expected FG 1.008
IBU 25.51
SRM 10.71
ABV 3.6%
75 min mash. 60 min boil. Dunk sparge

Light munich added as i read if no mild malt available to add some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leaves 1/2 pack yeast for a 5 litre bitter brew in the morning:)

Came out spot on:),lot of trub went into the FV however,didn't strain it to my usual standard,oh well.
CML yeat pitched.

Just curious, what's a "stout malt"? Brown malt?
Na,stout malt:lol:. Can be used for pretty well most ales and obviously stouts:thumb:
Geterbrewed were selling it but along with the other Irish malts they have now stopped.

Geterbrewed were selling it but along with the other Irish malts they have now stopped.

Wot they done that fo? I was looking the other day, and at less than £16 a pop thought I'd have some. But still out of stock, as it has been for a while. Oh well, off to the HBC for some Muntons Propino at £20 a pop. Anyways, I made what I'd call a 'pale mild' a while back.. got about 5 bottles still lurking around. OG 1032, ABV 3.2%, neatly enough. V.nice and great for late night supping when you gotta be up early.

Wot they done that fo? I was looking the other day, and at less than �£16 a pop thought I'd have some. But still out of stock, as it has been for a while. Oh well, off to the HBC for some Muntons Propino at �£20 a pop. Anyways, I made what I'd call a 'pale mild' a while back.. got about 5 bottles still lurking around. OG 1032, ABV 3.2%, neatly enough. V.nice and great for late night supping when you gotta be up early.

I think someone on here emailed them and they said they weren't going to stock any of that range anymore. Shame, because that stuff was cheap as chips and made great beer.

I think someone on here emailed them and they said they weren't going to stock any of that range anymore. Shame, because that stuff was cheap as chips and made great beer.

Well that's a pity, but I wish they'd remove it from their website as it says "back in stock soon"!

Tested today along with a bitter,also done with CML ale yeast. Mild almost on target.Both already nice and clear with good aroma.
Fingers crossed for both being my best mild and bitter to date:thumb:

Just bottled the mild. Nice golden colour,along the lines of Banks's original which is what i was after.Sparklingly clear,nice aroma as well.
Fingers crossed it will be as good once carbed up:)
If it good i shall up the amount and re brew it.Came out at 3.8%

Bitter was stable so decided to bottle that up as well. Again nice and bright and pretty much the colour i was looking for as well.Ended up a bit below my expected abv at 3.8% ,same as my mild.Was looking for 4.18%,hey ho.:)

First time using the CML ale yeast on both these so keen to see how they come out

Decided to have a glass of the mild. perhaps a little undercarbed,nice light colour just as i was looking for and very pleased with the taste,not much head but that isn't an issue for me.. The cml yeast seems to have worked well on this:thumb:Certainly a step up from my prevous attempt at a mild.

Back