Darts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Bearded Brewer
Reaction score
Anyone enjoy playing or watching darts?
Is anybody else watching the BDO Lakeside World championships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa brought me a darts board which lives in/can be attached to the brew shed.

Looking forward to the lighter evenings and warmer weather.

Santa brought me a darts board which lives in/can be attached to the brew shed.

Looking forward to the lighter evenings and warmer weather.

I need to get myself a new dart board as my last one went mouldy in during winter in an old shed a few years ago.

Yeah love to play and watch. Better at watching though :-?
Definitely a lot easier to watch than play, or play well.

I got a few trophys about 25 years ago. Nowt special just the pub circuit, more of a laugh than anything but I was pretty good. Can hardly see the board these days. My mate and me applied to go on Bullseye but we didn't even get a reply! I must be even uglier than I thought. Don't watch darts so much these days, it's gone all 'wrestlerised' but I don't doubt that the standard of play is as high as ever.

I used to play in the local Friday league many years ago just for a bit of fun i wasn't bad but i wasn't good either. :lol:

I used to play in the local Friday league many years ago just for a bit of fun i wasn't bad but i wasn't good either. :lol:

And I thought you're a 20 something old. But we might have already talked about that before :lol:

Yup really enjoy the game. I'm **** at it but hey hum. Also i've noticed that convesation flows alot easier while playing darts. Bought ten sets of ahiney flights for 2 quid on ebay aswell to appeas my clepto side.

The BDO is poor compared to the PDC , and the coverage is **** compared to sky, loved playing Friday night darts when I was late teens and early twenties, don't bother now , remember when I was a kid living with my grandparents, had a dartboard put on the settee, enjoying chucking the darts while watching Wilson,Lowe, Evans and Leighton Rees [emoji4]

I used to play about 30 years ago so I reckon in that respect am probably just as good as some of those in the BDO.
I once had to explain the game to a young Polish girl at work where we had a board for lunchtimes after she asked "Why are you going for all the big numbers and he is going for the smaller ones"?

The PDC is much the better darts tournament even if the crowd noise is overwhelming. It's odd to see the BDO audience actually watching the darts, how quaint!

The BDO is poor compared to the PDC , and the coverage is **** compared to sky, loved playing Friday night darts when I was late teens and early twenties, don't bother now , remember when I was a kid living with my grandparents, had a dartboard put on the settee, enjoying chucking the darts while watching Wilson,Lowe, Evans and Leighton Rees [emoji4]

I prefer PDC as well but sky sports is a bit pricey although they may be showing some on BBC as I believe they did last year.

BBC have not renewed the BDO darts contract coz they can't afford it, channel 4 and BT sports have it, where's the TV Licence money going, bloody hell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to play quite a lot, not in pubs or anything, just in the garage, by myself. I find it very theraputic (sp) relaxing, winding down...whilst keeping the brain working........that was until my wife asked to play......she whacked me...it must be something to do with eye/movement cordination

Back