What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in Devon so making the most of some beers from Morrison's that i wouldn't get near me
So part of the 4 for 6 quid deal I bought 2 otter brewery ales, 1 Betty stogs and for my own safety 1 XX GUINNESS. But thankfully all have been very satisfying

Had a pint of Wood's Shropshire Lass in Wether's this evening. Very nice blonde ale,Cascade,Fuggles and Mount Hood hops made for a very refreshing pint without smacking yer in the face with hops.One i would certainly re order:thumb:

Tonight I'm drinking a bottle of an extract wheat beer I made with mashed banana a couple of months back. It's fascinating, I used the WB06 yeast which throws off banana flavour but there's a banana aroma that I would describe as noticeably sweeter than from a straight wheat beer. I also feel like I taste a very sweet banana somewhere different on my tongue than normal. So that's probably fruit derived as opposed to yeast derived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a threw together brew which is passable which shall then be followed by a Gervin 12 Stout on the left and an S04 Stout on the right both of which are as different as day and night.The Gervin is fruity with a hint of coffee whereas the S04 is more bitter with chocolate and coffee notes and both have a lovely mouth feel.As for head retention S04 takes it by a long shot although they are only bottled about 3 or 4 weeks.
456201cc54b4f08ebdcfcb8dbec2dc3d.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Spent the last few hours down the allotment planting out peas,beans and pumpkin. ..our allotment neighbours were there who are also good friends so a nice time . ...my Mrs had to nip home for. ..string. ...so I siezed the opportunity ..fetch some beers and glasses...which she did. I shared my American pale part mash and festival Pilgrims Hope with my friend Pete who was thoroughly impressed! ! Which I appreciate!
Happy days!

Cheers

Clint

Just having a Magners. I only drink cider when its really hot with lots of ice. Dont like the taste any other time. Got a few beers for later as well.

Drinking a duvel as I continue my Belgian experience in prep for brewing my own. Also on that line just about to jar up my first batch of homemade candy syrup.

IMAG0448.jpg

I had a Siren Soundwave IPA at the pub at lunchtime, it was very good. Lots of grapefruit flavour, a nice clean bitterness and some sweeter fruits to finish. Lovely stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a bottle of my American Brown. Wasn't smitten with it at first but better for a little time in the bottle and have dished it out to others with good comments.
Just shows that time is of the essence:thumb:

Just had 3 bottles of superb malty ice cold Oktoberfest i made August last year, down to my last 4 now but plenty of choice to follow up.

...only 3? And it's just turned beer oclock!

Been gardening all afternoon i grow all my own veg, watered every thing early, 5.30pm , Picked some strawberries for the good lady .Showered made two whopping Ham salad doorsteps,in fridge waiting and cracked a bottled at 6pm sitting down the pond feeding the carp. Now on the patio have slurp number 4

Sounds positively dreadful! Joking! I've been brewing most of the day then down the allotment watering and tying up the beans,now setting fire to my tea outside....and trying a pop or three!
Enjoy your night T.
I'm watching my cat frog hunting by my pond....

I took the day off work today, with one eye on the weather.
Very pleased that I did, given how uncomfortably warm it has been.

Had a lightly hopped Golden Ale - EKG and Bobek, followed by a single hop Marynka Ale with just enough wheat to be head retentive.

Lovely beers, but a bit strong. :thumb:

I cracked open a budvar keg that I had since last year when they were a tenner. Not really my thing but nice in this warm weather and whilst sat in the hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back