Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As some members will remember a few months ago i stopped drinking lager and i started working my way through the beers at Bargain Booze (3 for £5) i have found one that i am really impressed with and its the last thing i thought i would like when i poured it and saw the colour.

BLACK WYCH spellbinding porter ,
The Black Wych has cast her spell , start with a measure of
alluring rich dark malt & allow the bitterness to creep in.
This silkily smooth porter is a force to be reckoned with.

Wychwood-Black-Wych.jpg

I've not tried it although I am partial to a porter, I'll have to try and track one down.
Thinking of brewing a porter at the end of summer as a Autumn/Wintery beer, I need to do some research.

I love a porter! I had a cracker in Conwy yesterday. ..Titanic brewery plum porter..most delightful!

That's a great beer that.

I was in Devon over the weekend and managed to get 4 bottles of one of my fave porters; Exmoor Beast, in Tesco. Hard to get hold of in South Wales.

I like a Porter as well as stouts. Drinking my take on 'Brixton Porter' at present,not bad if i do say so myself:lol:
Porters were the staple of,errrr, the Porters around the London markets i believe in ages past.

I love Black Wych, heartily recommend. Of course, I would heartily recommend damn near anything from Wychwood, but that one is particularly good.

I love Black Wych, heartily recommend. Of course, I would heartily recommend damn near anything from Wychwood, but that one is particularly good.

Looks like i got lucky, i was scanning the 3 for a fiver shelf and saw the label i didn't read what it was hence my comment about thinking i wouldn't like it when i saw the colour when i poured it.

Black Wych is also one of my faves... 4 for £6 in morrisons. 3 of those and a random 1 random I have entered tried yet 😊

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

I love a porter! I had a cracker in Conwy yesterday. ..Titanic brewery plum porter..most delightful!

This ^ :thumb: had several in the dispensary in Liverpool the other week, lovely beer!

Latest posts

Back