Geterbrewed have got the Cool Brewing Bag in

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this now, all reviews seem to be positive.

If my lcd stick on thermometer is to be trusted, my brews are always around 21/22 in the winter with the central heating set at 18 and have seen it get up to 28 in the summer.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this now, all reviews seem to be positive.

If my lcd stick on thermometer is to be trusted, my brews are always around 21/22 in the winter with the central heating set at 18 and have seen it get up to 28 in the summer.

It's not just the being able to brew at a lower temp but also being able to brew at consitant temp that is also a big plus for the brew bag. Yeast dont like temp fluctuations and the brewbag certainly helps with that

Thinking of getting one of these.. i don't have huge temp swings but would like some form of control..

I also like the idea of bulk conditioning cooling for a few days ( I know it isn't crashing as such)

My only thing is it looks huge?? I suppose as its movable though?

Thinking of getting one of these.. i don't have huge temp swings but would like some form of control..

I also like the idea of bulk conditioning cooling for a few days ( I know it isn't crashing as such)

My only thing is it looks huge?? I suppose as its movable though?

It is massive. About the same footprint as a fridge but obviously not as tall. Very movable though. You can just squash it down when you want to store it away

It is massive. About the same footprint as a fridge but obviously not as tall. Very movable though. You can just squash it down when you want to store it away

If I was to say put an FV in and a few botlles I coule possibly squash it down a little to more of the size of teh fv and bottles..

I know it sounds a ridiculous question the box room is my office / man cave so I am thinking I could keep the Fv there but if it was fridge size it would impede my computer chair

personally i would suggest saving the £50+ towards a brewfridge (ifyou get a freecycle freebie fridge then your sorted..)
meanwhile sit the FV in a black bin bag and an old sleeping bag for the same effect, but its been said im so tight i squeak when i walk..

personally i would suggest saving the �£50+ towards a brewfridge (ifyou get a freecycle freebie fridge then your sorted..)
meanwhile sit the FV in a black bin bag and an old sleeping bag for the same effect, but its been said im so tight i squeak when i walk..

I don't really have anywhere for a brewfridge permanent.. I in theory don't need one.. I seem to be able to keep a good steady temp it will be about 22 in the summer and 18-20 in the winter.

Not saying having one isn't a good thing yes It would be but it isn't viable.. the only thing I miss is being able to crash cool but I think crash cooling is overrated anyway, I do it when I can but I don't think it is all that.

If I was to say put an FV in and a few botlles I coule possibly squash it down a little to more of the size of teh fv and bottles..

I know it sounds a ridiculous question the box room is my office / man cave so I am thinking I could keep the Fv there but if it was fridge size it would impede my computer chair

Yeah, you can squash it down with the FV in it. It kind of collapses down a bit anyway so it's never as tall as it could be. Unless you had a 60L FV in there

I know this is a (slightly) old thread but I just got one of these from HBC.

I am rather impressed with mine. As mentioned previously, these things are rather large but it compresses down to a compact size and has a strap for transporting it. The temperature in my kitchen has been mid 20s, using 2*2l bottles and 2*1l bottles brought the temperature down to 15C, I've removed some bottle and is now a stable 18.

Can't think of any down sides really other than perhaps trying to keep a constant temperature requires changing bottles around. I suspect I could I could use this to ferment a lager in summer.

I know this is a (slightly) old thread but I just got one of these from HBC.

I am rather impressed with mine. As mentioned previously, these things are rather large but it compresses down to a compact size and has a strap for transporting it. The temperature in my kitchen has been mid 20s, using 2*2l bottles and 2*1l bottles brought the temperature down to 15C, I've removed some bottle and is now a stable 18.

Can't think of any down sides really other than perhaps trying to keep a constant temperature requires changing bottles around. I suspect I could I could use this to ferment a lager in summer.

One thing I've noted about the brewbag is that above about 22C ambient temp you need 2L of ice to drop the temp by 1C but below about 22C ambient temp you only need 1L of ice to drop the temp by 1C.

Overall though, I'm really impressed with mine. There's a definate difference between my beers brewed in the controlled temp of the brew bag and my brews free fermented using temp tolerant yeast

Thanks for the information. All I can say at the moment is that 3 litres is keeping a constant temperature of 18C at the moment and the airlock is bubbling away quite nicely. I was initially a bit sceptical about paying over £50 for what is essentially a big insulated bag but so far I am impressed.

Thanks for the information. All I can say at the moment is that 3 litres is keeping a constant temperature of 18C at the moment and the airlock is bubbling away quite nicely. I was initially a bit sceptical about paying over �£50 for what is essentially a big insulated bag but so far I am impressed.

Pitched my weekend brew this morning. The ambient temp in my kitchen was 25C, checked the brewbag this eve and it's sitting at a nice steady 20C

I recently bottled a brupaks munich dunkel. Although it was only 10l, I was able to keep the temperature between 12-13C with just 3 2l bottles, swapped twice a day.

Latest posts

Back