What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a wee firsty ferret tonight. Haven't had it before. It's not too bad.
dfbcc53110e5bfa4ca505d7298fd9b9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter was at a birthday party this morning in a small town a couple of miles away, so I took my one year old for a a wander and a coffee. I came across a greengrocer with a large "craft beer" shelf (it was mainly Brewdog and Williams Bros though) and they had a session IPA from a microbrewery in Brechin which as about half an hour drive from here. This is it:
http://parkbrew.com/#beers/townhead?inPage=1
Verdict - nice enough, but could have done with either being a bit paler or having more hops in there (preferable) as it seemed more like an APA than a session IPA. I did enjoy it though.

Great day at the WBB Homebrew Club.

Finishing the day with a Hop Shot from BD.
cd91b2ce5da56e471442c16d3e3f72d5.jpg

Finished off tea wine and now a strawberry lowicz 11 months on doesn't taste as bad as 2 months ago. Tea wine was great no grape and very enjoyable.

Great day at the WBB Homebrew Club.

Finishing the day with a Hop Shot from BD.
cd91b2ce5da56e471442c16d3e3f72d5.jpg

Is that west Berkshire brewery? I can cycle there from my house, must sort myself out and join in. Had sod all to do today..

Also take it none of us are into dry January??!!

Any good? What size bottle and how much do they charge for it?
It is very boozy but is 20+%

I think (may be wrong) that it was £6.50 (minus 20%) per 110ml. A novelty really more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is that west Berkshire brewery? I can cycle there from my house, must sort myself out and join in. Had sod all to do today..
That's the one. It's a really good club. I've been twice now. Both times walked away with loads of ingredients (grain, Hops and or yeast), beer from the brewery and others' homebrew. Next date pencilled in as 18th March (although not confirmed).

Would be good to see more guys down there.

It is very boozy but is 20+%

I think (may be wrong) that it was £6.50 (minus 20%) per 110ml. A novelty really more than anything.

I think they've been playing around with their new distillery equipment in Ellon and they have tried distilling heavy hopped beer.

A novelty as you say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the one. It's a really good club. I've been twice now. Both times walked away with loads of ingredients (grain, Hops and or yeast), beer from the brewery and others' homebrew. Next date pencilled in as 18th March (although not confirmed).

Would be good to see more guys down there.

How do I sign up? sounds fun

How do I sign up? sounds fun
I'll let you know the confirmed date when it's out.

Then just come down and see what you think. Simples. 😉👌

Reactions: JFB
only as in drinking below government guidelines of less than 28 units a week. If that's what they recommend thesedays :grin:

lol 28 units :lol: I like your unit measurement :)

gov' 14 units/week by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back