The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks M...I'm quite impressed the way the 2 pkts of gervin performed in my pseudo lager at 14°c...its VERY clear and I can pour the whole bottle..flavour seems good too. It could be a little drier but nothing to worry about.

Thanks M...I'm quite impressed the way the 2 pkts of gervin performed in my pseudo lager at 14°c...its VERY clear and I can pour the whole bottle..flavour seems good too. It could be a little drier but nothing to worry about.

Next time put some sugar in the reciepe or an adjucnt like flaked maize or rice to dry things out a bit

...off tomorrow. ..it's an American wheat now...feeling rather mellow! Mrs Clint has a face like a cracked **** pot as I have been getting the dog in a frenzy with her squeaky thing and giving commands in other languages (she is learning hand signsls). The other languages consist of made up stuff....but it's quite funny as she responds to the hand signals...

I love the mead yeast. Made 5 meads that are aging for Christmas. Good ph tolerance and fermenting speed. I have so many of CML yeast in stock. I have given up with liquid yeasts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am fermenting 5 gallons of faux lager at the moment, using CML Kolsch yeast.
I pitched two re-hydrated packs in the fermenter at 14c and then let it rise to 14.5c. It fermented out in less than 5 days. After 7 days from pitching I let it rise to 18c for another 7 days and will be hoping to cold crash and add gelatine after the weekend ready for bottling 3 weeks after pitching yeast.
It appears to be going very well.
At these prices I think I will be using two packs for every 5 gallon brew I do.

I am fermenting 5 gallons of faux lager at the moment, using CML Kolsch yeast.
I pitched two re-hydrated packs in the fermenter at 14c and then let it rise to 14.5c. It fermented out in less than 5 days. After 7 days from pitching I let it rise to 18c for another 7 days and will be hoping to cold crash and add gelatine after the weekend ready for bottling 3 weeks after pitching yeast.
It appears to be going very well.
At these prices I think I will be using two packs for every 5 gallon brew I do.
You will realise your wasting money as I think it's been tried with no difference noticed.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

You will realise your wasting money as I think it's been tried with no difference noticed.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

When I am fermenting close to lager temperature, then for the sake of 80p I would rather pitch at professional brewers pitch rate, than take a chance of making an inferior beer.

When I am fermenting close to lager temperature, then for the sake of 80p I would rather pitch at professional brewers pitch rate, than take a chance of making an inferior beer.

What you could do is over build a yeast starter using your two packs and keep replenishing to keep it going.@MyQul could probably give you a bit more insight.:thumb:

I wondered what numbers you guys are hitting with the Kolsch Yeast?

I just got -
OG. 1.052
FG. 1.010
Attenuation. 80%

Are yours similar ?

Back