Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Complete and Brewed Recipes > Belgian Strong Ale Westvleteren XII Clone - Silver Medal Winner

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #11
strange-steve
Quantum Brewer

Liked 949 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr259 View Post
Cool so a decent bit of time but doable during sparge and boil. I'm thinking of a similar clone brew and a wee heavy where I'd do a first runnings reduction as well.

Thanks for the water info, I knew it was a "malty" profile but just wondered if there was more to it than that.
Exactly, I got the runnings on the boil straight away then carried on with the sparge and boil of the main wort. I've done it a few times now for various styles including a wee heavy, and it adds a lovely rich caramel flavour.