Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Brewing "How-To" Guides > Have a go at simple AG

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #1271
SeagullRich

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

so..original recipe made

18 days fermenting
2 cold crashing
17 conditioning (5g sugar per l)

an I tasted one..........it was really rather nice indeed, definitely better at that stage than all kits I have done. As has bee mentioned, none of the kit 'twang' and I think I am an AG convert, I also tried a Festival US Steam which I bottled at the time and the AG was definitely better!

4 AG brews in now, got 2 in bottles and two fermenting including a Punk IPA which I am very excited about. Dark IPA next!

Still brew a little short due to equipment (I topped up the Punk IPA with 1.5l) to get more in demijphn - ABV will go down by around 0.75% which is fine.

DPS51 thank you for offer, think I need to make some space etc first and save some cash, but in future I will be getting some gear.

All in, from an absolute amateur, this thread is brilliant and has enableed me to take the next step! Go for it, if a numptey like me can do it then anyone can!
People Like This 
Old 25-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #1272
Luke_Buckaz

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have been reading this thread in depth.

I have just purchased the maris otter and some admiral hops and some yeast this morning. It's happening tomorrow.
People Like This 
Old 27-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #1273
BeerisGOD

Liked 255 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Buckaz View Post
I have been reading this thread in depth.

I have just purchased the maris otter and some admiral hops and some yeast this morning. It's happening tomorrow.
Make sure UV got a small bottles of water in the freezer over night to chill the wort. I use about 7 500ml bottles in total. Gets it down to around 35c within the hour for a ten litre batch.
After it's been transferred it's normally ok to pitch depending on the yeast strain

Old 14-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #1274
kendhansak

Deleted this message as it was moved from another topic and doesn't reference any of the posts in this thread.