Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews. > Cwtch by Tiny Rebel Brewery

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 30-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #91
terrym

Liked 1602 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 703

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_walton View Post
Do you treat your brewing water i normally crush a campden tablet and add it to my cold water in a Jerry can prior to mixing in my brew. HBT IS NORMALLY caused by the chloramines in tap water reacting with the malt extract from the can.
You must have missed the recent thread on HBT here
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=74128

Old 30-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #92
pms67

Liked 818 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 1241

In my experience, if a kit beer has a twang,it never goes away.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the water.
I never noticed the twang until I brewed with BIAB and went back to kits, now I notice it all the time,maybe it’s my mind playing tricks.
Steep a few grains in a pot,boil them and add your hops and you will taste the difference.
You don’t need anything other than the stuff you have to try it.
Good luck either way 👍
GhostShip Likes This 
Old 30-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #93
GhostShip

Liked 117 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Tiny Rebel are releasing two new kits to market in Spring next year. No details as yet, but given the rave reviews for Cwtch, they should be worth looking out for.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #94
Graz

Liked 272 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Having recently made Cwtch for the first time I cracked open the carbonation tester/ PET bottle on Saturday. It's only been a few weeks since bottling so needs a bit longer to properly clear but I was excited to try it. It's carbed up well, poured with a decent head and I must say it's right up there for being one of the best beer kits I've ever made, just superb, can only see it improving further in the next few weeks and I'll be having a few of these over Christmas!

Drinking PB: Beerworks Sheepdog's Pride Suffolk Bitter
Drinking Bottled: Young's American Mocha Porter, Young's American Oaked Rum Ale, Coopers Stout + Treacle

Conditioning PBs: Milestone Dark Galleon
Conditioning Bottled: Brewferm Christmas, Cwtch

Wine:
WOWs (too many to list)
Wine Buddy Sauvignon Blanc
Cellar 7 Cab Sauv

Old 11-12-2017, 10:25 PM   #95
GhostShip

Liked 117 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Having recently made Cwtch for the first time I cracked open the carbonation tester/ PET bottle on Saturday. It's only been a few weeks since bottling so needs a bit longer to properly clear but I was excited to try it. It's carbed up well, poured with a decent head and I must say it's right up there for being one of the best beer kits I've ever made, just superb, can only see it improving further in the next few weeks and I'll be having a few of these over Christmas!
Sounds great! Bought my Cwtch in from the cold at the weekend. Will try one before Christmas and post a report. If mine’s as good as yours sounds then I’ll be delighted, but if I get the dreaded ‘twang’ again...