Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Recipe Discussion > Hops iin a dark witbier

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
thehorse

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default Hops iin a dark witbier

I am currently making Randy Moshe's dark witbier recipe. Only doing a small batch in case it's not good (13 pints) but, scaled down, it seems to call for an absurdly small amount of hops (8g Northern Brewer). It gets most of its flavour from ground coriander, licorice root, star anise and roasted dark malt. But I'd still be inclined to dry hop it with something to make it taste a bit more like beer. Or should I see how it's *meant* to taste, then tweak the next batch accordingly? (Impressed so far that his recipe hit the target starting gravity and looks on course to match the beer calculator's target strength)