Peeing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico1973

Reaction score

Okay all good evening just sipping few my brews question Does anyone think there brew makes them pee more?

Any copius amount of liquid makes me personally more anyway but I will say that all craft ale or homebrew makes me shift a bit more 🍺😙

Sent from my ALE-L21

It's a sad fact of life that as you get older your bodily functions start to deteriorate; so as my eighty-one year old Uncle Ern told me a couple of years before he cocked his clogs ...

"When I realised I was spending more time propping up the urinal than propping up the bar,
I decided it was time to switch from beer to whisky."​

Here's hoping that I too manage to keep drinking beer until I'm in my eighties! :thumb:

Thanks, all just seem to go more when I drink my brew than when I drink commercial beer. :nah:

Thanks, all just seem to go more when I drink my brew than when I drink commercial beer. :nah:

Actually, you probably do go more often! :thumb:

In a pub, nattering to mates, having to fight your way to a toilet which is often outside in the cold and not the most savoury place to visit, there is every possibility that you will minimise the experience. :grin:

On the other hand, at home with a clean, warm toilet within easy reach and only the missus to engage in an interesting conversation (try "The Off-Side Rule" if you're really bored) there's every reason to want to go! :lol:

In a pub, nattering to mates, having to fight your way to a toilet which is often outside in the cold and not the most savoury place to visit, there is every possibility that you will minimise the experience.

Hi!
I live about 4 minutes' walk from my local, but often end up desperate to pee when I get home, simply because I don't like using the club loo unless I have to. I do like to **** in my own pot :lol:
PS Why do so many pubs now have the loos upstairs? Whenever I've "tanked up" in Weatherspoons and gone to the loo, I can be heard to mutter, as I unsteadily climb the stairs, "Stupid bloody idea, putting the loos upstairs in a pub". I think it's become a tradition.

Hi!
I live about 4 minutes' walk from my local, but often end up desperate to pee when I get home, simply because I don't like using the club loo unless I have to. I do like to **** in my own pot :lol:
PS Why do so many pubs now have the loos upstairs? Whenever I've "tanked up" in Weatherspoons and gone to the loo, I can be heard to mutter, as I unsteadily climb the stairs, "Stupid bloody idea, putting the loos upstairs in a pub". I think it's become a tradition.

Ha!! The only Weathespoons in Skegness has loos upstairs!

Maybe it's to dissuade old farts like us from drinking there ... :whistle:

... and it it is then, for me, it's a resounding success! :thumb:

PS

As it's now about eight years since I stepped foot over the threshold of Weatherspoons in Skegness (I said it was successful) I may be wrong. :doh:

Memory and building changes being what they are! :whistle:

don't know about peeing a lot.i have notice that you fart a lot and wow do they stink or what.

Okay all good evening just sipping few my brews question Does anyone think there brew makes them pee more?

I've mentioned on here before that I have a food intolerance to sweetcorn. One of the symptoms of this is that it makes me wee more regularly. Brewing sugar (including brew enhancer) and dextrose are corn sugar and a number of other things used in home brew have corn in. I get headaches from it as well and other symptoms but if I have corn I will pee what seems like every few minutes/half pint compared to being able to go a couple of pints normally. Allergies and intolerences can affect any organ, including the bladder.

Loo's upstairs in pubs is to cram more customers in downstairs. Wetherspoons do cheap beer because they sell so much. It is a well practiced plan to make as much money as possible, but if it means more choice and cheaper beer for me I'm all for it. :thumb:

............... One of the symptoms of this is that it makes me wee more regularly. ................:

Hmmm! That's got me thinking.

As far as I am aware, I have no allergies so I have eaten and drunk anything that has taken my fancy without really thinking about the effect it could be having; the two exceptions being:

o The "blood in urine" scare that comes shortly after eating a lot of beetroot or red cabbage.

o The "I don't want to do this." feeling when sitting on a loo in India and knowing that a blow-lamp is about to wave itself past my backside.

I can also remember the somewhat odious smell of secondhand limeade that was produced the morning after drinking copious amounts of "Lager & Lime" in my youth. (It really was the only way to make the cheap lager drinkable. :doh:)

Thanks for that. I think I will start taking a closer interest at the "Cause and Effect" side of my food and drink. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm fed up of having to traipse up the stairs every half an hour for a squirt whilst necking me ale, so I'm going to install a bucket next to the sofa. All dreadful peasants at our drum so nobody will mind.

Gunge why dont you fit a bottler filling stick on the end of it , then you wont get any on the carpet and it give you the option of using a demijon,:lol::lol:

As far as I am aware, I have no allergies so I have eaten and drunk anything that has taken my fancy without really thinking about the effect it could be having; the two exceptions being:

o The "blood in urine" scare that comes shortly after eating a lot of beetroot or red cabbage.

o The "I don't want to do this." feeling when sitting on a loo in India and knowing that a blow-lamp is about to wave itself past my backside.

I can also remember the somewhat odious smell of secondhand limeade that was produced the morning after drinking copious amounts of "Lager & Lime" in my youth. (It really was the only way to make the cheap lager drinkable. :doh:)

Thanks for that. I think I will start taking a closer interest at the "Cause and Effect" side of my food and drink. :thumb: :thumb:

If you dont have any other symptoms I wouldnt worry about it if I were you. If you have other health issues it could be the cause or making it worse so is worth monitoring.

Traveled all over India from Kerela to Kashmir over the last 25yrs , Were did you find a toilet??:lol::lol: The last jaunt i spent from aurangabad to Mapsa sleeping over the back wheel of a bus with a wet smelly blanket, the last occupant of that position had left a leaking water bottle full of his **** there and it gradually dampened me and the blanket before i discovered it, Back over there on the 18th feb for a Month , :nono::nono:

Latest posts

Back