Reporting a seller on Ebay

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone know if Ebay actually do anything if you make a complaint about a seller?

I brought something on sunday, was told it was posted on Monday, 24 hr delivery using Fedex, so should have arrived Tuesday.

Didnt arrive until today and after many emails to and from(using the ebay system) it finally arrived today. The invoice date was yesterday, everything to do with Fedex was yesterday and he has done nothing but lie so i left him negative feedback.

Hes now sending abusive messages, via Ebay and although i have reported him im unsure if they will do anything?

I have no idea but time will tell. The fact (s)he is sending abusive messages says to me they are guilty.

I have only ever dealt with ebay complaints once when something didn't arrive and the seller wouldn't issue a refund. They were very good.

you've done what you should/can just move on and don't worry about them.

The world is full of liars and gits, try not let them get under your skin.

Its difficult I know, I'm probably going to have to take some guy to court over and outstanding invoice, but I always feel that if you let people like that get to you they have in some way "won"

I think when you make a complaint you have to go through a waiting period to allow the seller to make amends or allow delivery to take place. Once this period is up you can then take proceedings through ebay or paypal who will then after a short period, make a judication. I had one which I had a refund from paypal within in minutes of adjudication being made. They usually find in favour of the buyer in my experience.

If they are sending messages via the ebay messaging system, more fool them. Ebay has FULL access to this.
When you open a case they will READ the messages, I have had similar issues (without the abuse) and in one case, I ordered a 16Gb MicroSD BRANDED they sent me an UNBRANDED :nono: , they kept trying to fob me off saying they had sent the correct item. I opened a case (with a pic) and as soon as I escalated it to a claim I got a FULL refund and kept the item.

Whether they will do anything about the late sending is another matter. They could cancel the (senders) account in the extreme case.

To be fair I have the item no, albeit late so I'm not really that fussed about the lateness it's the abuse he sent me that I was concerned about. EBay have said they are looking at the messages and will take appropriate action.

Why are there so many idiots about on eBay now? It was only Monday when I had to threaten to open a PayPal dispute because someone sold something they didn't have then refused to refund me!

Ebay is a funny place, It's somewhere you can open up a shop business with absolutely no experience in customer service. So it has come to a point where people with little social skills are interacting with complaining customers and everything goes to **** because they haven't the experience to deal with these issues.

If I was you I'd accept the fact that atleast you recieved your correct order and call the guy out as a fool you'll never do business with again. :whistle:

I bought a pair of Nike trainers for my daughter and despite promises he had sent them by recorded delivery they never arrived. Ebay/Paypal investigated it and I got my money back very quickly. I noticed he did the same thing to somebody else after me too.

So they do investigate and in my case got what I wanted, my money back. Just as well as my daughter found a nicer pair a few days later!!!

They have to deal with the abusive messages, more so if they are threatening.

Their investigation will cover both sides, including whether or not you should have left negative feedback, or could have dealt with the poor service in another way.

eBay's power is limited, they can either give you the money back (if you paypalled it), ban the seller, suspend them, or tell them off

Bans don't worry some sellers as they simply open an account under a variant of their details and go back to providing questionable service until the next spat.

The action taken would vary depending on other similar complaints. There is a section in the seller's guide explaining what they might do if you misbehave :)

Not much will happen in my experience, I would just add the seller to your blocked sellers list. This means in future when searching on ebay any listings from them will not appear and they are unable to purchase/bid on any items you might sell. Sounds like they are a bit of a **** so I would just move on really :)

I'm about to report a non paying bidder :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back