Home Brew Competition - January 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really looking forward to all your entries for this comp. There will be two of us judging and we're both massive stout fans, in all forms! Hoping for some diversity too... I know Imperials aren't allowed in this category but really hope for some unusual stuff as well as traditional. Always loved the black stuff but recently found an increasing desire for it given what's being brewed now. So get your porters, milk stouts, breakfast stouts etc etc to me via a PM for the address and I'll get honest opinions and as much feedback to you as possible :)

Hi Pete,

PM me your address and I'll send an entry or two for the January stout/porter comp.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like I might have to skip this one, I tried my breakfast stout at the weekend and it's probably the worst beer I've ever made :? I used MJ M03 yeast and I think it was an old packet, it was a poor fermentation and it's very estery with a rather unpleasant off flavour that I can't pinpoint.

Stupidly I didn't read the comp description before I brewed mine... it's an imperial! 😔

Oh well...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to give this one a miss. :-( 5 weeks in the bottle and still not even a hint of carbonation. I might try re priming and bottling again, but I doubt it'd be ready in time anyway.

Looks like I might have to skip this one, I tried my breakfast stout at the weekend and it's probably the worst beer I've ever made :? I used MJ M03 yeast and I think it was an old packet, it was a poor fermentation and it's very estery with a rather unpleasant off flavour that I can't pinpoint.

I managed to find a porter from 2015 hiding in the back of the cupboard. No idea how it's aged but it's wrapped up ready to post tomorrow.

First bottle received today for the January competition from you Dan125

Great label 👍

Might still be a bit young by judging time (getting excuses in early), although I've already had a few out of the keg.
I'm sure the other entries will start flooding in soon.
:cheers:

Had you guessed the name right?

I've got two ready for the post. One I like and the other, I may give it it's maiden voyage tonight..:whistle:

Starting to come in now. Received 2 today from Leon103. 1 from Strange-Steve and 1 from Ajhutch. To go with the first arrival that came from dan125.

The variety is already very pleasing! And hopefully we'll have a few more entries between now and the end of Jan.

When all the bottles have been sent I'll post up a list of runners and riders and a photo.

Looking forward to doing this and tasting all your lovely crafted stouts and porters!!

Planning to taste and judge on the first weekend of Feb. Will hopefully disclose the winners some time on the Sunday (5th). My other half will be doing this with me and believe me her palate is second to none and we are both massive fans of dark beer. I write and tweet a fair bit about beer. If you're at all interested you can find me on social media etc.. here

Twitter @PlusOneMagazine
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/plusonemagazine/
Web http://plusonemagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Cheers!

Back