No head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I've got a few other bottle in the fridge that input in last night so I'll try them tonight to see if there is a difference. The rest of the batch I'll give maybe a week more to see if there's any difference.

I never added anything into the kit. This was my first ever brew and to be honest I didn't even know you could add stuff.

So it's a basic brew the now. I've got a cider brewing the now but after that I think in going to add some hops.

Cool I've got a few other bottle in the fridge that input in last night so I'll try them tonight to see if there is a difference. The rest of the batch I'll give maybe a week more to see if there's any difference.

I never added anything into the kit. This was my first ever brew and to be honest I didn't even know you could add stuff.

So it's a basic brew the now. I've got a cider brewing the now but after that I think in going to add some hops.

I mean did you add some more malt or just use sugar?

I did a Canadian Blonde and the head on the beer was a very limp affair indeed from first to last bottles.
And in spite of add-ons including a Cascade dry hop it turned out very bland just like Covrich has said.

Ah sorry I see...

It was he Canadian blonde kit from coopers. Which was the malt extract tin, plus coopers brew enhancer 1. Then the coopers carbonation drops when bottling.

Nothing else.

I'm happy with the taste, maybe a little sweet just now. But certainly for my next brew I'll be coming to the forum for some suggestions as my brew and tasting experience is somewhat limited.

I like to think that drinking and tasting are different. I want to start appreciating the taste better and understanding it more. But that's a topic for another time. Don't want to hijack this post.

But certainly for my next brew I'll be coming to the forum for some suggestions as my brew and tasting experience is somewhat limited.
If you are staying with kits for the time being keep an eye on this thread. http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43755.
Plenty of reviews to wade through in the Beer Kit Review section too.
If you like lighter beers you could consider a Youngs AIPA which is a two can kit, but requires no extras.

Hey,

I've had the exact same problem. I've primary for two weeks, and then bottled for two at around 18 degrees. The two weeks was over today and I put 4 bottles in the fridge for a few hours before sampling. Very flat with little or no head. More head left in bottle. Tasted good, just flat.

I used a kit, coopers Canadian blonde. Pet bottles with 2 carbonation drops. I was worried that the caps weren't on tight enough but I was drawing skin when tightening and they do not move.

I've put the rest of the bottles in the garage which will be well below 10 degrees. Hope this is ok.

This was my first ever brew and slightly disappointed. But eager to improve!
I have just sampled my first also after the same time frame as you have said above. My irate was just with the Coopers brew tin that came with the kit but was at 22 degrees for most of the time in the FV. I used te carbonation drops and put 6 bottles straight in the fridge with the remainder in storage. I'm interested in how you go with further sampling and if mine have carbonated better with the bottles in storage for longer.

I have just sampled my first also after the same time frame as you have said above. My irate was just with the Coopers brew tin that came with the kit but was at 22 degrees for most of the time in the FV. I used te carbonation drops and put 6 bottles straight in the fridge with the remainder in storage. I'm interested in how you go with further sampling and if mine have carbonated better with the bottles in storage for longer.
This thread is four years old and talltwits was last seen in 2017 so don't expect an answer from him/her. However I see you may have put some bottles straight in the fridge after adding the carb drops. If that is the case you will need to take them out and put them in a warm place since the yeast is very unlikely to work at fridge temperatures and your beer won't carb up. But after 1 to 2 weeks in the warm they can then be stored anywhere. And assuming you used adequate priming sugar/drops for the style if your beer has no head at opening it may help to leave it to condition for longer than two weeks since that sometimes helps.

Latest posts

Back