How to Heat your Brew?!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey.

I already have that heat belt that was posted earlier. I've found that it gets very warm but doesn't heat the brew up. I didn't have it insulated, the FV was just sitting on the kitchen counter. So that being said the belt gets stupidly warm and I'm sure if I insulate it, it will do the job combined with the plug in thermostat by inkbird.

Ultimately id like a brew fridge but I think that could be a task for me after I've done A few more brews. But the advice has been great so thanks very much.

I'll stick with the basics of insulating for the time being. My first ever brew that I'm just starting to drink the now has turned out well enough so I'm relatively happy....until this hobby really takes hold!

Your best bet, in the situation you are in, is to spend a little time sealing the Hoover cupboard, in order to reduce drafts, then see if you can get some slabs of polystyrene for the vessel to sit on and around it as much as possible.

If you have the room in the cupboard, slab it out and put some shelving up, and you can use this for a keg or bottle conditioning. The inkbird, previously mentioned, and a greenhouse heater would work wonders, and could always be used elsewhere at a later date.

Latest posts

Back