Corny Keg or temp controlled SS fermentor

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
temp controlled fermentation will probably provide you with the best improvement in brewing results.

but a brewfridge is probably the easiest/cheapest solution for that ;) a nice SS brewbucket will last a lifetime and with careful fridge selection can fit inside a standard brewfridge.
the cold box cold sink idea floated in your link will require daily or more regular maintenance, most folk use maxi chillers with a python/recirc pump with laarger conical and SS vessels that cant squeeze into a fridge.

and with corny kegs, the attach to keg tap is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, in order to pour anything but jugs of foam you need the keg pressure dropping to nominal. Not forgetting the crucial aspect keg or beer temperature plays in maintaining and retaining condition.

speaking from experience buying into corny kegs before fully realising the costs and demands its worthwhile doing a bit of homework on the subject, the kit linked to is very expensive for a keg(£35) regulator (£30) useless tap and the small nonstandard bottle will be a pita and probably expensive to refill.

so in short Neither, invest in a brewfridge first, and then if it will fit in perhaps consider a nice ss bucket tho 33l stockpots are a lot cheaper too ;)

Just limited for kitchen space for a brew fridge and as of yet no man cave shed.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
I was swaying more towards the SS temp control.
Just like the idea of getting my fermentation spot on.
Brewfridge would be very bloody handy

an under the counter fridge has a foot print thats not substantially larger than a brewbucket anyway ;) trick is to start watching your local freecycle offers now and find a place to sit it once you have it ;)

and if going corny a keg fridge would be Mighty useful. i manage without a keg fridge after a complete insulation overhaul of my keg store and even then i need a shelf chiller running to pour beer in the summer.

Latest posts

Back