Worcester Hop Shop AG kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ginger Ninja

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone used any of the Worcester Hop Shop AG kits? The seem very reasonably priced and I'd like to give one a go (still only a AG beginner).

Can anyone recommend me either a bitter or a mild kit?

:cheers:

They are based on GW's recipe book, I haven't tried them, but you wouldn't go far wrong with the Bathams Best Bitter :thumb:

For the price of one kit you can buy a 25kg sack of MO instead and make 5 brews. The recipies are in the book so all they have done is weighed out the grain and hops for you. The service from there is very good and delivery was fast.

Shrek said:
For the price of one kit you can buy a 25kg sack of MO

I dont think you can. Kit = £9.99or£8.99ish + £7.49 delivery (and includes all the types of grain I need and hops). Or 25kg of MO = £20.09 + £7.49 delivery and then I would need to buy hops at £2.25 for 100g for each type of hop and then extra for any additional malts.

If I was wanting to stock up supplies then I would go for the 25kg of MO but I just want to keep things simple and I dont mind paying a little extra to make life easy while im learning the ins and outs of AG.

Good to know that the recipies are bassed on GW's book, will check out Bathams Best Bitter. Thanks for the recommendation :cheers:

I use worcestor hop shop, and whilst I haven't used the pre weighed AG kits they are good value if you only want to make a one off. Go for it!

Yeah sorry I was thinking that they cost more for some reason :wha: Good luck with the brew! :thumb:

My first AG was Bathams, this is straight forward and a great brew. Exmoor gold is another excellent brew. To be honest you won't go far wrong with any of them. I used safale 04 with my first AG brew and yeast slopes or whitelabs since. Good luck :thumb:

Thanks guys I reckon Bathams it is then :D

Will get it ordered and brewed in the next week or two (need to finish my new brewing table/stand thingy first)

Thanks again :cheers:

Ive met the bloke who owns Worcs Hopshop and he is a genuine nice bloke. These kits are put together for the benefit of AG brewers who do not want to invest in a large supply of ingredients, or those who are not yet confident in creating their own recipes.
If you do want to try your own recipe without buying all the ingredients, in bulk. Im confident he will put your recipe together. Just tell him what you want and Im sure he will work a good price out and do it. ie =-

4.5kg MO
200g Crystal
100g Torrified Wheat

20g Northdown
50g Fuggles

SO4 yeast

Buying this way is ideal if you are a small/new All Grain brewer who doesnt want to have a lot of ingredients, that you just wont use.
I dont want to step on anyones toes here but if you want the ingredients for your own recipe, without bulk buying,then Im willing to put it together for you. I will only charge "cost" plus P+P....(you can check the prices for yourself).

HTH Johnnyboy

I can also vouch for John and Kim at WHS, I've been and collected three/four times and had three deliveries. John is very enthusiastic and a genuine nice bloke. End up chatting for ages about anything and everything brewing :)

What a fine idea!!!

For the price (or less) of a cheapo one can kit you can rustle up 40 pints of "really real" beer. And you don't need to store a s**t load of grain - I don't see that giving over a little bit of freezer space to hops (that is how you store them isn't it?) is too much of a problem but this is, I reckon, the perfect start point for...

...The Tiny Kitchen BIAB Brewer's Guide!!!

Right... all I need now is an effing big pot... :whistle:

Latest posts

Back