Home Brew Beer - Greg Hughes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks D. I like to plan ahead....just considering the options! AG is probably my destiny but atm while I brew in the house I feel excessive boiling isn't a good idea...I have a garage but it's in desperate need of a clear out..the GF ,although pricey, seems a more manageable solution to temp control, heating etc.

Cheers

Clint

Yep, I've used a few of them with the GF, just discard the water volumes in the book. All the recipes are for 23l brews, obviously they use an assumed efficiency so once you know your system you can tweak the recipes a bit so you hit the OG figures.

That's what I do with my BM, but I don't adjust the hops quantities which I probably should??

..the GF ,although pricey, seems a more manageable solution to temp control, heating etc

Clint

Having read back I now realize that gf is short for grainfather, I thought it meant girlfriend.:grin:

For future reference. ...are the recipes in this book compatible with grainfather type brewing equipment? What volumes are they etc? I don't really want to brew say 10l prefer to do 23..

Cheers

Clint

Yes, just use the GF website to calculate your mash and sparge water using your grain bill and you'll be flying. this book is a great place to start! Cheers

Hi!
The price of Greg Hughes' book has gone up on Amazon to �£13.48. Used editions are still available for �£10.09, inc. p&p.

Mine was £3 +£3 postage if i remember correctly. Still worth the money though. Some decent recipes in there. Learning a lot from trying them out. Would recommend it.

A lot of beers in his book say conditioning at 10 or 12 degrees for four weeks,will the beer carb up at this temp? I wouldn't say so,not that im questioning his infinite wisdom!

I ordered one yesterday and it arrived this morning. I used Amazon it was £10.49 and came with a free next day delivery. :thumb:

Brewed my first beer from the book yesterday. I had plenty of Challenger hops left over, so....

One thing I really like about this book is that in the index at the back, recipes are listed under which hops they use. A quick flick through and another recipe on the cards to use up those hops :thumb:

Back