Mikkellers Book of beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just ordered up the ingredients for All Other Pales Pale. After a bit of digging around online I the 2nd batch of Cara Pils in the recipe is mean to be Flaked Oats (someone on Twitter heard this from Mikeller apparently). Hoping to brew next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for letting us know, please post how the beer comes out.

Thanks for letting us know, please post how the beer comes out.

Not brewed in a while as I had a baby in September - just got round to brewing the All Other Pales today.

Seemed to go well. Will post how it turns out. Used US-05 yeast instead of the one listed and Tettnang instead of Santiam hops - couldn't seem to find Santiam and read Tettnang is a suitable substitute.

Not brewed in a while as I had a baby in September - just got round to brewing the All Other Pales today.

Seemed to go well. Will post how it turns out. Used US-05 yeast instead of the one listed and Tettnang instead of Santiam hops - couldn't seem to find Santiam and read Tettnang is a suitable substitute.

Congratulations on the new baby! IIRC the yeast they use is WLP001 which almost the same as US-05 so that should be fine.

Our local library (Edinburgh) just ordered the digital edition of this in for me. Its on Overdrive which is what most libraries seem to use.

@prog99 Did Edinburgh Library get this yet? I'm keen to have a look at some of the big imperial stouts. I'm keen to get more active in the home brew scene in Edinburgh but not sure if there are any clubs local. If you know of any gimme a DM!

Cheers

Looking forward to making some of these. Gonna add the ones I like the look of to my GF profile for future brew days.

Back