Pressure barrel neck size 60mm?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveWTBD

Reaction score
Hi folks

I have just picked up a pressure barrel cap with CO2 fitting from Lakeland.

It was only when I looked carefully that I noticed that it is described as a fitting a 2.25" (60mm) neck:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/52451/Pressure-Barrel-Top

I can't find anyone who makes a 60mm neck pressure barrel. Before I take it back to Lakeland, does anyone know anything about these, or whether anyone knows whose barrel they fit?

Cheers

Steve

Hi!
Have you tried it on your PB, or did you spot it for the bargain that it was and look to get a PB later?
That looks like a standard barrel cap for a Young's pressure barrel. I think Wilko's barrels also use the same size cap.
Nip into Wilko's and have a cheeky try for fit.
EDIT: I've just measured my Young's PB - 60cm, so you'll be OK with that.

Hi!
Have you tried it on your PB, or did you spot it for the bargain that it was and look to get a PB later?
That looks like a standard barrel cap for a Young's pressure barrel. I think Wilko's barrels also use the same size cap.
Nip into Wilko's and have a cheeky try for fit.
EDIT: I've just measured my Young's PB - 60cm, so you'll be OK with that.

Hi

Thanks for checking the measurements for me.

I can't resist a bargain, so I bought the cap before buying a barrel. Probably not the best approach.

The actual Lakeland cap isn't the one in the picture, which seems to be the same picture as I have seen for the Youngs cap. This one is black, and probably more cheaply made.

The actual Lakeland cap isn't the one in the picture, which seems to be the same picture as I have seen for the Youngs cap. This one is black, and probably more cheaply made.

Hi!
Young's caps come in black also.
I don't think Lakeland would have gone to the trouble of producing their own PBs - probably "own brand" products made for them by Young's.
Does it have the S30 valve and the CO2 bulb holder, as shown in the pic on the Lakeland site?

Both youngs, wiko & others buy them from the same manufacturer which you would have never heard of and I can't remember. If you have any problems call the guy at Balihoo hes very helpful and knows as much as anyone about pressure barrels.

Latest posts

Back