Inkbird ITC 308s

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJT

Reaction score
Hi

I am buying the ITC 308s and wondered if I can plug in a 2.4kw element to the heating socket? The itc 308s plug is 10a so do I just need to change it for a 13a or is the element too powerful and won't be compatible?

Electrics aren't my strong suit so grateful for some help.

No, 10 Amps is the most the Inkbird itself can handle. A 2.4kW element would be right on the limit of this and therefore I wouldn't do it.

The device itself has normal 13 amp plug sockets so nothing physically stopping you plugging it in.

You can get controllers that can handle more current.

No, 10 Amps is the most the Inkbird itself can handle. A 2.4kW element would be right on the limit of this and therefore I wouldn't do it.

The device itself has normal 13 amp plug sockets so nothing physically stopping you plugging it in.

You can get controllers that can handle more current.

Cheers for the info.

If it's on the limit is it likely to blow up/break?

I need the Inkbird for chest freezer anyway but wondered if I could use it for the elements too. I have a few stc 1000, would they cope any better or again are they 10A max?

If that won't work what would you recommend? I ideally want something with a timer option so that I can fill the kettle and program it to start the elements at a set time and to a set temp.

Thanks again

Cheers for the info.

If it's on the limit is it likely to blow up/break?

I need the Inkbird for chest freezer anyway but wondered if I could use it for the elements too. I have a few stc 1000, would they cope any better or again are they 10A max?

If that won't work what would you recommend? I ideally want something with a timer option so that I can fill the kettle and program it to start the elements at a set time and to a set temp.

Thanks again

Hard to say really, my view on it is that if it's rated at a maximum of 10A then better to run it slightly less than that just to be on the safe side. The ITC-308 seems like a good product (I've got one) but unfortunately for all of these types of goods made in China on a tight budget I'd be a bit wary of pushing it to it's limits.

As for the STC-1000 I would say the same, in fact I suspect the guts of the STC-1000 and the ITC-308 have quite a bit in common.

Maybe contact the Inkbird vendor who is a sponsor on this site, they'd be better able to advise on the suitability of it to control a 2.4kW element or offer an alternative. Maybe something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADHNSGI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
you can always use the inkbird relay to switch a 2nd relay that can handle a larger load, the cheapest easiest solution could be a ssr/heatsink as used by the pid controllers and a 3v+ battery or phone charger to provide the dc current to switch on the ssr. wire the load through the ssr and wire the dc voltage supply to be switched on off by the inkbird heating relay,

for a freezer controller there is the more expensive and rarer atc800+ which employs a 30a relay on its cooling relay to cater from the hi initial load a big freezer can demand. its got a 10a heating rely, is a lot bigger and employes membrane buttons on a wipe down face, less features than a stc1000, no calibration and target temps are single degrees not fractions of... i use one in my fridge..

for single direction control, heating or cooling but not both concurrently there is also a similar looking controller to the stc1000 with a 30a relay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heating-T...077622?hash=item1a0aaa3936:g:1FQAAOSwBahVGf6r
(just the 1st a quick search uncovered..)

or gets a smaller element 1.8-2kw perhaps;)

Fil, thanks for the info.

Do you have a link to the ssr/heatsink relay I should buy?

Hi all,

It's 10A,110-240V.

What's the voltage? If it's 220V, the max load is 2200W. If it's 240V, then ok to use on 2.4kW.

Yes, if for High Power devices, you can choose Inkbird PID thermostat ITC-100 series.

a meter to check your voltage level will confirm but as long as you have more than a 240v supply then according to @INKBIRD you can.. and if it blows claim under the warranty ;)

Latest posts

Back